Holley Red are garbage, what else quickly?

tbowker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well now I'm in the boat where I might need to go E pump, and I remembered this thread. Do you have part numbers or a brief guide on how you built yours? I would probably go the same route you did, as a high pressure pump with regulator sounds like the best bang for yer buck
Look at post number 49, he listed a spreadsheet with the parts he used.

SouthernIDI

Reaction score
D'oh! I don't know how I missed that, thanks!
hey, let me know if you have any questions. that is for a high pressure setup, i can post information as well for a holley red setup, although it seems like their current quality is starting to slip. thanks.

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
hey, let me know if you have any questions. that is for a high pressure setup, i can post information as well for a holley red setup, although it seems like their current quality is starting to slip. thanks.
Well the days are ticking down to when I'll finally get my heads back, and I think I might pull the trigger on just going e pump.
Three questions I had out the get go are, the filter head behind the alternator, I assume yours is deleted/bypassed?
Your fuel return, do you have it tapped at the fuel return for the engine?
Where is your pump mounted at? Between engine and tank valve?

BioFarmer93

OPEC Hater
Reaction score
Well, I had a Holley Red in the truck for about 2.5 years (I didn't have to fiddle with a pressure restrictor) then a Holley Black for about 6-7 months (Where I DID have to fiddle with a pressure restrictor). Both were loud, until the engine fired, then their sound was lost to the sound of the engine running. The fuel pump that was the best, and was sold with the truck when I finally let Henry go, was this one...
It's a little pricier than I remember, but it has all of the right stuff going for it, and detractors..

94 moneypit

Reaction score
I just installed an airdog 100gph pump on my truck after going through 2 holly red’s. It’s so much quieter and it seems much heavier duty. We’ll see how it lasts, can’t be worse than holly

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
I just installed an airdog 100gph pump on my truck after going through 2 holly red’s. It’s so much quieter and it seems much heavier duty. We’ll see how it lasts, can’t be worse than holly
How do you have the regulator return piped in? Are you running just one tank?

94 moneypit

Reaction score
How do you have the regulator return piped in? Are you running just one tank?
I have a sumped tank and my efuel is set up in my under bed toolbox(I’ll get pics) the pump itself has a pressure adjustment on it. I think it does 7-30psi. I have a regulator and fuel pressure gauge set up on the passenger fender.

94 moneypit

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
That's what I'm thinking about running, something like that, but I want to keep both my existing fuel tanks, so trying to figure out what others have done.
Sweet looking setup!
Is that a returnless regulator?

94 moneypit

Reaction score
That's what I'm thinking about running, something like that, but I want to keep both my existing fuel tanks, so trying to figure out what others have done.
Sweet looking setup!
Is that a returnless regulator?
No I have my return routed back to the sump, I couldn’t get any more pics to load yesterday. I wanted to keep both tanks just for the extra fuel but I had a hell of a time with that selector valve and my shower heads so I just wanted to rid my truck if it’s issues. So that’s why I went single. I wish now I would have went with a toolbox fuel cell combo in the bed, that 38 gal tank hangs super low.

SouthernIDI

Reaction score
Well the days are ticking down to when I'll finally get my heads back, and I think I might pull the trigger on just going e pump.
Three questions I had out the get go are, the filter head behind the alternator, I assume yours is deleted/bypassed?
Your fuel return, do you have it tapped at the fuel return for the engine?
Where is your pump mounted at? Between engine and tank valve?
1. Nope, I still have the filter head mounted on the engine also, but i built a bracket off to the left of the alternator and relocated it there.
2. For the return, I have R&D rails and they go straight back to the tank.
3. I don't run the tank valve anymore, this high pressure pumps are not designed to pull fuel so you need to mounted the pump as close to the tank as possible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online