Holley Red are garbage, what else quickly?

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My rollaway

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Oh and not a cup holder in sight.

Real men can drive with 1 hand :sorry:
:flipa

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Must not be a stick shift...

Have you ever tried to drink coffee, smoke a cigarette, eat chocolate, and chew gum all at the same time...?

Did not work out so well for me...
3 on the tree one handed is pretty doable. A truck or car with column shift will have enough slop in the steering to accommodate it.

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Must not be a stick shift...

Have you ever tried to drink coffee, smoke a cigarette, eat chocolate, and chew gum all at the same time...?

Did not work out so well for me...
Lemme guess
Millennial

XOLATEM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lemme guess
Millennial
Bromhead: Those ********! They're taunting us!Adendorff: [Realizing what the Zulus are really doing, he begins to laugh]

"
No, you couldn't be more wrong! They're saluting you. They're saluting fellow braves!"

If millennials were making their bones in the 80's...sure...

mblaney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
+1 on the Walbro. I have been running mine for years and never a problem. I also recommend pinching down the fuel return at the fuel head (the air return orifice) and slow the pump cylce down. Best upgrade I have done!

I don't need no steenk'n cup holder...

Thomas87

Reaction score
I'm fixing to install an epump, looking at the Walbro Frb-5 or Frb-13 but can't decide. Will the frb-5 require a regulator? I mainly run regular diesel but do occasionally throw a gallon or 2 of oil in the tank from time to time. Also wanting to get more into waste oil in the nearish future, but it won't be in large quantities

Thomas87

Reaction score
That's what I was thinking, wanting to keep things simple so will probably go with the frb-13 then. Unless someone has a different suggestion

Kevin 007

Full-floater
Reaction score
I'm fixing to install an epump, looking at the Walbro Frb-5 or Frb-13 but can't decide. Will the frb-5 require a regulator? I mainly run regular diesel but do occasionally throw a gallon or 2 of oil in the tank from time to time. Also wanting to get more into waste oil in the nearish future, but it won't be in large quantities
I run several. Mostly the 13. No problems. Just do it and don't look back.

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
I wasn't paying $800 for what took me just shy of $300 to build. Do some research on the matter and pick the pump that you think is going
to do best.
Well now I'm in the boat where I might need to go E pump, and I remembered this thread. Do you have part numbers or a brief guide on how you built yours? I would probably go the same route you did, as a high pressure pump with regulator sounds like the best bang for yer buck

KansasIDI

Hopelessly addicted to IDIs
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just had a bad time with a Holley Red… this is getting ridiculous…

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86