Holley Red are garbage, what else quickly?

SouthernIDI

Reaction score
Okay, I like the sound of that. How long have you been running that modification and can you include pictures?
I only have about 6 months on this current setup, so I cant speak 100% for its longevity yet. All I can say, is that with the filter setup, it should last a good long while as long as the pump doesn't have any issues with the diesel fuel. I'm going to assume that it wont because after 6 months of very heavy use, multiple have county trips carrying anywhere from 8,000 to 12,000lbs. , it has held up great, and the tone of the pump hasn't changed. Just make sure you supply the pump with adequate power. I installed a relay, on the trigger side I ran the power from the tank selector valve, and for the power side I brought it off the battery with a 7.5A inline fuse. No issues there. I don't have pictures on hand of the setup right now because I'm on a business trip in the mid-west without my truck, but if you go to Justin's website and look at the picture of his pump setup, I have create almost an exact copy of that. If you need part numbers for everything I have used, I have uploaded them into an excel sheet, and if you want you can message me and ill send those to you. I don't want to do a public write up on the system until I have about a year of usage on the system, thanks for understanding, I just don't want to send people down a path that isn't fully verified yet, but I have a strong feeling that with quality parts, the system should last a good long time.

tbowker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
but if you go to Justin's website and look at the picture of his pump setup, I have create almost an exact copy of that. If you need part numbers for everything I have used, I have uploaded them into an excel sheet, and if you want you can message me and ill send those to you.
Thanks. I'll start searching and if I struggle finding parts I'll PM you. I appreciate detailed description.

LowTech

Mech Wrangler
Reaction score
I'm also running a Walbro, I don't think it's a high pressure but checking the specs now . . .

It's the FRB-13 and I've been running it for a couple years but not a lot of milage since this rig parks in camp more than it travels. Have had no issues that I can identify.
"The FRB-13 is one of Walbro's highest-flowing fuel pumps, delivering a minimum of 43 gallons per hour against a load of six to eight PSI. "

Last edited:

XOLATEM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I only comment cup holders when someone else does I'm still rockin' my mech pump
I am still on my mechanical pump until I see the need for a change...my truck sits more than it drives...it is just a tool box,crane, welder, and air compressor with a vise mounted on the back...kind of a mobile workshop for the time being...

As far as cupholders go...you guys have ruined me....I see cupholders everywhere...dedicated cupholders and potential cupholders...

I wake up in a cold sweat...dreaming about cupholders on the march...
...swinging spitball straws and big gulp containers...cupholders massed for a flash mob and cupholders rioting in los angeles and virginia beach.

Cupholders demonstrating for liquid justice and non-uniformity of ice cubes...rainbow cupholders and basic black cupholders...

Cupholders waving the hammer and sickle and cupholders waving old glory and both groups glaring evilly at each other...daring them to flinch...

I may never get over it...cupholders are everywhere....

Quick...wave something shiny....

tbowker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am still on my mechanical pump until I see the need for a change...my truck sits more than it drives...it is just a tool box,crane, welder, and air compressor with a vise mounted on the back...kind of a mobile workshop for the time being...

As far as cupholders go...you guys have ruined me....I see cupholders everywhere...dedicated cupholders and potential cupholders...

I wake up in a cold sweat...dreaming about cupholders on the march...
...swinging spitball straws and big gulp containers...cupholders massed for a flash mob and cupholders rioting in los angeles and virginia beach.

Cupholders demonstrating for liquid justice and non-uniformity of ice cubes...rainbow cupholders and basic black cupholders...

Cupholders waving the hammer and sickle and cupholders waving old glory and both groups glaring evilly at each other...daring them to flinch...

I may never get over it...cupholders are everywhere....

Quick...wave something shiny....
You sir, have missed your calling.

XOLATEM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is this really how you feel about Ole one ton?! After all the good times? And he's just a........a...........a..........(sniff) tool box!?!? (Blubbering)
Your concern is appreciated...but...I assure you...Ol' One-Ton gets his share of love...every time in the evening...when no one is looking...

He gets patted all over like a draft horse and told that He did a Good Job...and that bigger things are in store for him, soon....

Same with the skid steer and the man lift...and sometimes the Girl Truck...the Girl Truck has been doing a good job lately as well...

The Girl and I just did a 500 mile round trip to get better wheels and tires for the skid steer on Sunday...and I put them on yesterday with the help of Ol' One-Ton....so...He got patted and the air compressor got some love, too...

Couple of weekends ago The Girl Truck hauled a man lift to the build site...saved us from having to rent a crane...the man lift is another story...

So....don't worry....I have always been a believer in the power of positive reinforcement...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online