Holley Red are garbage, what else quickly?

DOE-SST

1994 E350
Reaction score
Holley red electric fuel pump died after 7 months. Van started fine then psi dropped to zero and engine died. I tried a restart but failed. Got under the vehicle and touched the pump and almost melted off my fingerprints.

Went to Oreillys, bought another one, just before installing I hooked it to 12v and it did nothing. Returned it, let the clerk hook it to one of their new batteries on the rack, still nothing. Bought a second one and at the store hooked it to a battery and it barely ran at all.

My vehicle is set up for an electric pump and I need it running asap so I don't want to reconfigure for a mechanical pump.

Is there anything comparable to the holley that is readily available and reasonably priced?

Would like to avoid all the chinese crap but that may be impossible.

DOE-SST

1994 E350
Reaction score
Well, with my luck, holley made a bad batch that got delivered to just my area. I really don't want to buy another one. One of my other vans has used the factory mechanical pump for 250k miles. great reliability but priming the system with it sucks.

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, with my luck, holley made a bad batch that got delivered to just my area. I really don't want to buy another one. One of my other vans has used the factory mechanical pump for 250k miles. great reliability but priming the system with it sucks.
Wish I could be of more help.

Brian VT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just an FYI on priming...
I carry a Mityvac and a valve core removal tool (cap). Works great for sucking fuel up to the Schrader valve at the fuel filter head.
I don't think it causes any harm to my mechanical lift pump?
Sorry I'm no help with the electric pump.

https://slime.com/products/core-remover-valve-cap (box stores have these)

Last edited:

XOLATEM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The quality of all parts is sinking to new lows.
Thanks to the oval office heros of the 90's...making sure that americans are dependant on oversea suppliers...and making most of us poorer in the process....

Why don'tcha get something older and used or NOS from an internet site...? on the holley pumps you can take off the bottom plate and inspect the vane area...

People buy stuff all of the time...thinking they are going to use it...and then don't....and then sell it eventually...

Last edited:

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been doing a Google search for the past hour on the mechanical Lift Pump, E3TZ-9350-B.
I found 2, 6 - 8 months ago searching. Online dealer showed having one, but discontinued or out of inventory. Called their #, and the Parts guy did some searching and gave me the #`s of a couple dealers that showed stock.
Finally found 2 NOS OEM that had been on the shelf for a while. Think one was in Florida and the other in Michigan.

Some times dealers sell on E-Bay to clear out inventory.

This guy has NOS, but how old? Was it before off shore started to come onto our shore?
Not a bad price.

I wonder if there are other Ford Trucks/Cars that use an electric Fuel Pump that might work that are OEM/NOS?

Found this site, interesting all the stuff they handle, but the part# F3TZ-9350-B comes up,
be interesting to contact them.

I didn`t search the Holley Pumps though.
Maybe I`ll do that for fun.

Goat

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Been doing a Google search for the past hour on the mechanical Lift Pump, E3TZ-9350-B.
I found 2, 6 - 8 months ago searching. Online dealer showed having one, but discontinued or out of inventory. Called their #, and the Parts guy did some searching and gave me the #`s of a couple dealers that showed stock.
Finally found 2 NOS OEM that had been on the shelf for a while. Think one was in Florida and the other in Michigan.
Just keep in mind when you are looking for old NOS parts that have seals or diaphragms in them, the shelf life definitely matters. Better original built quality vs. the potential for a dried up seal and/or crusty mating surfaces.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online