Thinking about an 06

NJKen

is a daddy!
Reaction score
Hey all~
I'm thinking about upgrding to an 06 F350 Amarillo. My local dealer has one on the corner teasing me. I'm posting this to give you guys a chance toscare me away from the 6.0! I purchased my 02 the get the last of the 7.3's but I want to upgrade! Let me have it good and bad.
Ken

budtoh3zo

Reaction score
We have had 5 6.0L and only one had a turbo problem, User error not letting it cool down before shut down and the use of higher sulfer content diesel. My personal truck is a 2003 F-350 with 50,000 km. just needed a reflash

tgatch

Reaction score
Sounds like the 05's and 06's have truly had the bugs worked out. That and that front end looks cool. ;Sweet I've heard rumor that the 05's have lower warranty work being done than the last of the 7.3's. Can anyone confirm that?? I would expect the 06's to be at least as good as what I have heard about the 05's.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NJKen said:
Hey all~
I'm thinking about upgrding to an 06 F350 Amarillo. My local dealer has one on the corner teasing me. I'm posting this to give you guys a chance toscare me away from the 6.0! I purchased my 02 the get the last of the 7.3's but I want to upgrade! Let me have it good and bad.
Ken
ken-
I babysit 10 fleet 6.0's. Most were first year trucks. Oil stains and drips I ignore. No start, dead pedal, and IC to intake hose issues get my attention. Outside of a couple of years of trips back to the dealer, nothing else to report. Oh yea, I did beat the snot out of a Escalade the other day with a F250 CC 6.0 4X4 with 40 miles on the odo. :D My buddy who owned it was riding shotgun and gave me to ok to take on the annoying punk. ;Sweet I gotta admit, these darkside rides are something else. :eek: But if you do get the screaming yello zonker, your journey to the darkside has fully completed. :puke:

rray32539

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think my 05 F-250 Lariat is the best thing on four wheels, and it runs like a ***** ape. Go for it. Personally though, the Amarillo is a bit garish for my taste. To me, it looks like it was fabbed up in some custom shop in Tijuana. :puke: But to each his own. My sister has the 04 F-250 Harley-Davidson edition, she's into the truck AND the bikes! And NO one argues with my sister! :kick:

NJKen

is a daddy!
Reaction score
That bright yellow truck is not for everyone but I love it. :D Thanks for the input. If Ford will make me a deal I cant refuse I will probably buy it ;Sweet
Ken

rray32539

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope you get your deal. One thing is for sure, you will NOT be inconspicuous driving that thing! I've heard of "arrest-me-red", that truck is "lock-me-up-yellow", and that engine just invites you to push that pedal a little farther to the floor. Keep one eye on the road and the other on the speedometer! ;Sweet

HOIB

MYRMIDON
Reaction score
the Amirrillo is nice, dealer told me that Ford would not be producing them anymore because of the color. Me i love it and there is one screaming my name too.

BUT the little girl just wrecked my new Slaab, so I have to think on that.

Heck if you like it go for it, can you get mudders for those 20" tires though????

jharvey

Shutter Bug
Reaction score
Well Ken , did ya do it?? Huh Huh Huh??

I can't stand the suspense, puuuuleeeze tell us!!

Perspiring minds need to know :Thumbs Up

John

NJKen

is a daddy!
Reaction score
I could not get the perfect deal on the truck (does anyone ever get the perfect deal?). They made me a good deal but in the end I own the truck I drive now and just cant justify making payments again. I am going to invest a few thousand into my truck and make it the truck I want it to be. I am going to add a few horsepower and some tires and rims. It was a wild idea thats time just has not come yet. That amirillo is one sharp looking truck though ;Really
Maybee in the future. My 02 has been good to me.
Ken

Mikes91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
NJKen said:
I could not get the perfect deal on the truck (does anyone ever get the perfect deal?). They made me a good deal but in the end I own the truck I drive now and just cant justify making payments again. I am going to invest a few thousand into my truck and make it the truck I want it to be. I am going to add a few horsepower and some tires and rims. It was a wild idea thats time just has not come yet. That amirillo is one sharp looking truck though ;Really
Maybee in the future. My 02 has been good to me.
Ken

You have a nice truck already... that 7.3 oughta be doing pretty well after just 4 years.

The new trucks ARE nice, though. I'm going to look at a Ford, even though I've pretty much made up my mind to jump the fence... the SD body style is starting to lose its attractiveness to me and I've never been a fan of new V-8 diesels in trucks. Supposed I'd be thinking differently if I'd driven a newer 7.3... but I've been spoiled to old-tech after owning my IDI for a few years (even if it IS a v-8).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online