Manual transmission swap

MattyP

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm new to this page and don't really know how to navigate it. That being said, I hope I'm posting this correctly. I just recently purchased a 2wd 1991 na 7.3 f250 and it's got an e4od. I am not crazy about automatic transmissions and this one seems to have something going on in OD. Struggles to drop down to 3rd without pushing the OD cancel button or really sticking your boot to her. Does anybody here have an old 4speed or zf5 they'd sell? I'd even settle for a c6 but really want to manual swap for the best of milage and towing.

KansasIDI

Hopelessly addicted to IDIs
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm new to this page and don't really know how to navigate it. That being said, I hope I'm posting this correctly. I just recently purchased a 2wd 1991 na 7.3 f250 and it's got an e4od. I am not crazy about automatic transmissions and this one seems to have something going on in OD. Struggles to drop down to 3rd without pushing the OD cancel button or really sticking your boot to her. Does anybody here have an old 4speed or zf5 they'd sell? I'd even settle for a c6 but really want to manual swap for the best of milage and towing.
I’ve got tons of spare manual transmissions, but I’m in northeast Kansas. Hopefully you can find one down your way.

MattyP

Reaction score
Id like to buy my whole manual swap from you but I'm pretty sure shipping would be a pain. Could you point me in the direction of what older ford 4 speed I can actually use for my 7.3? Found a few 4 speeds but don't know if all I need is the correct bellhousing or if there is way more to it.

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey @MattyP , I'm in Crestview FL. That's on I-10 just below Alabama. I've got a T19 4spd for an IDI. I'm pretty sure I still got the flywheel too. I don't have a pedal assembly though. If NW Florida isn't too far, I can help you with that much.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online

No members online now.