RMTDR/NCOPSD Charity Dyno Day at PFI-Fort Collins, CO

TPCDrafting

Structural Steel
Reaction score
Heads Up!!!

Mark yor calendars and plan on showing.

We are setting up a Charity Dyno day at PFI in Ft. Collins, CO with the NCOPSD club and any others who would like to attend. This will be held on Saturday Sept. 25th. As soon as I find out times and more information I will post all the details. If you have ideas or suggestions for the event please let me know as I am working with Shay from the NCOPSD club organizing and doing this event.
This should be a good time and is an opportunity to help a charity and get together with our friends or rivals. We are looking for a food vendor type person to be there, so we can make it a full day event and have lots of fun. Let me know if you plan on attending so we can keep track and prepare for this. We may also need hands with getting trucks on/off the dyno along with other things. Let's get together and have some FUN!

You can check out the thread on the TDR for updates here:
http://www.turbodieselregister.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107452&page=1&pp=15

Last edited:

Whit

Reaction score
OH MAN, I am gonna miss another one, I will be leaving my house on Friday morning at 4 am and have 1700 miles in front of me as I have to go get my son and his family in Corpus............Damn sounds like it would be a blast too, the heat is off and the timing is off too, hope all goes well and wish I could be there :mad:

Cheers, Kevin

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:thumbsup:

This sounds fun, and I think I just might be off that weekend.:rock:

Ramprat

Inside your OODA
Reaction score
All depends on what's going on that weekend with the VFD & training.

I'm stock except for a TYMAR intake & a SCMT program.

Would like to get a down pipe & a 4" straight pipe (no cat or muffler) but can't find anybody to do the work (the exhaust, am thinking about going to Hellers for the down pipe)

TPCDrafting

Structural Steel
Reaction score
Updates pasted in from the TDR, pasted in from PSD site:

I am totally blown away by how this is growing! NOBODY WILL WANT TO MISS THIS DAY! Just a little update:

* Dale Isley with Tymar Performance is still planning on showing up. He will not have his display trailer, but will bring some goodies. He plans on hanging out with us all day and is anxious to meet all of us.

* A new member, Craig, has offered to donate a 300 gig hard disk drive worth $500 retail for our prize drawing! Way to go Craig. We really appreciate that and thanks to Andy at Bud's for referring him to the club!

* Lance at PFI is going all out for this one. He's got a stereo shop coming, as well as a wheels/tires shop coming with displays. He is also donating trophies for highest HP, best interior and best of show. And here are the maybes: We MAY have a '57 Chevy there on display that puts out 2500 HP, we MAY have some dealerships coming with new diesel trucks and goodies and, hold onto your chairs guys, we MAY have a ******* girl or two. I will keep you all updated on those maybes as time gets closer.

* We will have lunch that day. I am working with Wendy's to see if they will catar and help out the charity for that day (they do this, just have to see if they approve the letter I sent in requesting it). If this doesn't work out, we will have a hot dog/brat vendor selling lunch.

* This is the part that I am just blown away about and since I am just speechless (yes, it is possible), I will just paste a copy of the emails I just received from these vendors. You see, I have been sending out emails and making phone calls to vendors I know all over asking for donations for our Charity Dyno Day and here are the responses I have gotten so far, I am sure there will be many more:

TPCDrafting

Structural Steel
Reaction score
More:

Just another donation. This will fit all three brands!

* Brandon, Flyn' Hawaiian is donating a 4" turbo back stainless Ansa/Silverline brand exhaust (3.5" downpipe on the 6.0, but 4.0" on the others). He will outfit a PSD, Cummins or Dmax with this system.

Blue Sun Biodiesel is donating some tshirts and a 5-gallon bucket of B100 for the drawings.

Autometer has jumped onboard with some "stuff". I guess I will know what they are sending when I get the box.

Ramprat

Inside your OODA
Reaction score
Been watching it on the Colorado Power Stroke Club's web page. Looks like one hell of a good time:D :D

Where is PFI located, never herd of them before.

TPCDrafting

Structural Steel
Reaction score
PFI is a little back street ricer performance shop. They let us use their dyno now and again. The owner is evidentally talking with his neighbors about letting us use their parking lots for all the other goings on for that day. The one really great thing about PFI is that the dyno bay is drive through, so as one truck rolls off, the next one rolls on, keeping the day moving faster. I'll be there with my laptop keeping track of what's on the dyno and what numbers it produces.;p
If you take I-25 south to Harmony west to College, then south a few blocks, then Left again on another street. I'll catch that and report back. A couple of us usually form a convoy from Cheyenne down. You and 95 Storker could meet up with us and convoy down. For ATS last Feb., there was about 11 trucks, many were modified, the bonfire sized smoke cloud we left on the on-ramp was enough to call in the VFD.:rock:

dieselpower

Reaction score
Thanks for posting about the event TPC. I don't know why I just got around to posting over here.

It looks to be a big day with lots of things going on, so don't miss it.

Have any questions? Please feel free to contact me.

Know of a business that might like to donate a prize for our raffle? Let me know.

Thanks,
Shay Black
Colorado Power Stroke Club
970-219-7502

TPCDrafting

Structural Steel
Reaction score
I'm beginning to think I'm coming more for the raffle than the dyno.

Anyhow, the directions from Harmony road and College (aka hwy 287) are to go south on College about a mile, then turn left (east) on Bueno Drive. There isn't a light there so ya have to look for it. Bueno Drive goes east about 300-500 yards, then bends to the south. PFI is a few buildings down on the left.
This should be a great event and a great way to kick off winter!:mad: :D
Something that'll attract this crowd will be the ******* girls in attendance for a few hours and possibly a bicini car wash. All proceeds going to the Larimer County Hospice.

TPCDrafting

Structural Steel
Reaction score
As for the convoy from Cheyenne. We typically meet at the McDonalds at I-25 and College (South Cheyenne) at least an hour prior to needing to be at PFI. I'd like to head down a little early as I have volunteered to bring a laptop and keep track of stats for the dyno.
The event kicks off at 8:00 on Sat. Sept. 25th so if we can be there and ready to roll at 7:00 or possibly a few mins. prior, that would be great.:peelout :Thumbs Up

If ya don't wanna get up that early on a Saturday, you've got the directions, and we'll see ya there.:shoot:

PackRat

Buzzard Pilot
Reaction score
Damn, I'd love to get on a dyno just to see where I'm at. Unfortunately, Ft Collins is a bit of a jaunt for me, so I'll just keep lookin.

Thanks for keepin things interesting, though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bradz

Members online

No members online now.