Bringing it back to life!

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
I ended up just moving the harness from the old car over, both the quantity upper limit and needle lift sensor faults went away and she fired right up.

Since I'm still missing some of the intercooler piping, I ran it with the elbow off the egr valve disconnected, and she moved on her own power today!

Heading to the wrecking yard tomorrow to get a new hood latch, and maybe a decent tail light if they aren't all butchered up.

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
After sending the lady who owns the car to cascade German down in Gresham to get new boost pipes, she's running!
Swapped over the lock cylinders and cluster, re-adapted all the immobilizers, and took it for a quick spin. Runs like nothing ever happened. These engines are freakin' tanks.

Now to just finish all the misc stuff like rear wheels and getting the bumper from my sister in law.
You must be registered for see images attach

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
Not only that but it looks like nothing ever happened. That was quick, you got skills.
Thank you, I used to build these for fun. This is probably my 9th tdi swap I've done, knock on wood last one.
Finished moving over the rest of the rear suspension and wheels, so now all I need is the bumper. That's this weekend's project.

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
Oh, and moving the rest of the fuel over with my handy facet pump that I found at a wrecking yard

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
You gonna miss the wagon? Is the unibody not salvageable?
I sold my wagon last year when I got my audi. I definitely miss it, it's just like my truck, not a bolt I haven't touched. It now lives in Wisconsin, the guy who bought it is using it as his fun retirement car.
The wagon I stripped was a friend of my wife's that I helped her get about 4 years ago.

Cant Write

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I LOVE the Long Beaches!!! Man your wagon was gorgeous!!

Oh I meant is your wife’s friend going to miss the wagon?

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
I LOVE the Long Beaches!!! Man your wagon was gorgeous!!

Oh I meant is your wife’s friend going to miss the wagon?
I specifically bought an entire car just to get those dang rims. That car was so much fun, I do miss it all the time.

Yeah my wife's friend is really heartbroken over the loss of her wagon, she's owned literally every car she's ever had for at least 18 years each, so when I offered to swap the drive train over she was all over it.

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
And finished the 'final touches' for now.
Still need to replace passenger side wheel liner, program another key, and set static timing, but it needs to be hot to do that. Regiration will be done Friday, so sounds like a Friday problem :cheers:

Rdnck84_03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good! From that picture it looks like nothing ever happened.

James

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
Oh they definitely need cleaned up, but the lady who I fixing it for doesn't drive at night, so she said not a big deal for now.

KansasIDI

Hopelessly addicted to IDIs
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow! You work really fast! And by looking at the last pic, I couldn’t tell it happened! Great job

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online