Realistic budget of a 2wd -4wd and goodies build

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PS special thanks to all members who helped contributing parts to get this build to where it is today!
IDIoit for the mirrors, door trim and other odds and ends, stubbon nut for the tilt column and international badges, lotzagoodstuff for the minty fresh fanclutch with fan, shes keeping rock steady at 190F.

And to all who lent their knowledge and put up with my pestering simpleton questions! Too many to name, but ya'll are in this thread, thank you very much! Don't leave yet, I have more questions coming up I am sure of that.

So tonights project is to stick a 6" peice of 4" pipe right before the turbo and weld a bung on it to suck the post oil seperator air back into the intake. Fab 3 small block off plates in the firewall where the trans ecu used to be small other misc holes. Clean andpaint the cowl cover, tomorrow install wiper assembly

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not like there was much doubt but I think I can officially concede that you beat me to road worthyness... or soon will. Great job man. Hope you get lots of years and miles out of it.

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the race might have been won, but thats only cause i dont have the patients and attention to detail that you have! There are definitely lots of areas I am not proud of on the truck, but all I really care about is reliability. The theme of it was "well...it works dont it?"

ah i looked that turbo drain this mronign and felt around, it is bone dry-so thats good. Still havent ruled out the turbo feed form back of the block. Need to get a telescoping inspection mirror.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hear you. THere are a few area's I'm not real proud of either but, as they say, finished is better than perfect.

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey does someone know how to get the clutch to engage closer to the floor? my engagement is in the last 3/4 of the travel.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my clutch MC rod has a adjustment on it. but the new one i purchased did not, i swapped the rods to keep the adjuster.

if your telescoping mirror does not work out, i can loan you my bore scope.
you break it, you buy it :D

this isnt a race fellas, the race will be at the dragstrip ;Sweet

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"Human" factor? That thing is ugly as sin, there's no human factor for that monstrosity! LOL If you got the lights put them on :D

Regarding the clutch, does it engage too high or too low for you? And by engaging you mean starts to grab again, right? If she lets go of the flywheel till you're way down on the pedal, and grabs it again when you've almost completely let off, that could still be some air in the system. Or there could be too much slack in the mechanical part of the thing, namely the bushings for the pedal and master cylinder pushrod. Even with them super tight there's always some free play in the pedal, you can use an adjustable pushrod to take up that slack but you may loose your NSS.

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ugly as sin it is lolol.

i dont recall when it disenges but yeah it grabs too high for my liking. Ill have to pay more attention next time. Shes got a threaded heim joint on th clutch pushrod

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
right, shorten the pushrod, wont disengage the clutch as far then. will try it out.
Now i just really need to find that pesky leak on shutdown. Ill be pretty happy with it then. Well see about the mirror, and i might drop some dye in the oil if i cant find it easily enough.

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
indeed i do, but i need wipers to go get the metal as well and i need it by this friday! woorst case i start making a template friday night out of cardboard. metal guy closes 430 everyday

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
planned backrack
You must be registered for see images attach

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Headache rack looks good. May wanna extend the uprights a bit above the horizontal tube at the top tho, 2" should be sufficient - this way you can haul long lumber by bottoming it at the rear end of the bed and having the front be supported by the headache rack and the extended uprights will hold it from sliding off.