Realistic budget of a 2wd -4wd and goodies build

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i will be on the lookout for some bolt on fender flares. Need to paint the rest of the truck first. Probably will geat heat from cops with the poking tires too. Cant really do anything about the rear unless I make a little fender under the flatbed. Need to get mudflaps too asap. Looking for some cool ones here and there. Either internationa or something else.

finished my catch can, its...a little big lol. Fittings were free thats why I have so many. It has 5 baffled chambers, and its stuffed with stainless steel scrub pads, has a breather on top. The ball valve is the lwoest point in the system..but I actually jsut realized I should have made the inlet on the side, or now once it starts filling up with oil, the blowby will have to pass thru a thick slurry for the gasses to work themselves up.. hmmm.

You must be registered for see images attach

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
quik question about vacuum canister. Should I just put it inline with my vac pump? so its pump-canister-main black feed line?

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
here we go with the electrical questions.

the blower fan, all the wires are hooked up corectly, I am getting 12 v with key on at the two brown wires. But after that...nothin, I dont knwo what else to check to where to go from there. All i know is i dont have voltage at the blower motor, neither do I at the brown 6 poiunt junction under the glove box. Halp?

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No chance of reading an EVTM with these eyes now, wait till Sunday then I could throw some suggestion, find something else to work on in the mean time.

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes just put one on last night.

here is the schematic for it

i have yet to put the blower relay in because i want to make sure everythign works before hand. The one thing that is strange is the ground from my thermistor runs all the way back to the blower speed switch. So i said aha thats the problem, no ground! well i spliced in to that ground wire and grounded it to the body but..no dice :(

im not even conerning myself with the AC side right now.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You have to have a ground (Neg) wire direct from battery to engine, at least a #4 AWG, then a #8 AWG from battery Neg to chassis, preferably connected at the front clip, then some small jumpers from chassis to cab. Current flows from Neg to Pos in a DC circuit, Voltage flows from Pos to Neg.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
quik question about vacuum canister. Should I just put it inline with my vac pump? so its pump-canister-main black feed line?

The Vacuum canister is only used for Cruise control and for one braking cycle for booster if you would lose the Vacuum pump.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To check the blower speed switch. With a VOM set on 12VDC scale, put the red lead on the battery or any Pos B+ wire, touch the Neg B- probe to the Black wire on the switch, if you get a voltage reading then the Black wire is grounded.

To check for B+ voltage at the blower motor, select Max AC, Red VOM lead on the blower motor BR/O wire, Black VOM lead on chassis ground, turn key ON, no Voltage, check fuse, or Black wire as above is not grounded, got voltage, good to go.

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i know for sur ei have no voltage at the motor because there is nothing at the two wires there. Nothing in the 6 pin connector unde rthe glove box either. My engine and chassis grounds are good, got double 0 cables.

i know the blower switch is good as it worked fine before my teardown. I will check if it is grounded though.

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cracked both my corner lenses. right i glued back together, left one the lens is seperating from the housing. I tried to silicone it, then i realized i have gorilla glue. That one might be trashed. well see.

anyway, front end is finally on and lights are mounted! i didoint bother for now mounting the lights behidn the grill as its harder and takes longe,r but will probably do it in the near future. the right side needs ot be lowered a touch but can be done with it mounted in place. jsut need to notch the lower mount and bend it down.

still need to find out why my blower motor aint working and radio. Tjhe radio is a strange one...its all hooked up correctly. Its a 30 dollar special, bi really want to use it as it has USB and SD card reader. It might just be loose crappy contacts at the radio, dunno, will poke aorund. blower mtoro NEEDS to function though. A few buddies have the same unit and they are fine. I also tried 2 brand new units. It just flashe sonce when you turn key on and thats it.

Need to brce my seat mounting brackets jsut a bit more to feel 100% about the interior, ah and move the tcase shifters so can acttually use them. Will take alot of trial and error.

Now waiting for justins injectors. Really hope they will be here before this weekend, and i should have the blwoer situation figured by then, so i can finally mount my gauges.

bad pic, but its pretty ugly any way. fenders and hood all need aligning. Will be tough as the fenders hold the whoel front end (batteries etc). ill do my best but dont expect perfection.

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
got my injectors from R&D yesterday and installed them. kinda bummed they didnt come with new copper washers, luckily I had 7 brand new ones and 1 slightly used one..I hope it seals..I put it on the rearmost passenger side so its eays to take out of it doesnt seal. Also the packaging was poor so some of the threads got a little bea tup in shipping, at least some news paper should have been stuffed in there...oh well, flat file cleaned them up and they went in nice. New fuel filter on, i maxed my stock IP pump so i can feed all my new air some fuels, just need to put my return lines back on and fire it up. Well see how it goes after work! I plan on driving to get my wheels rebalanced with steel weights not stick ons (one fell off and i feel the others will get ripped off when i drive through some mud due to the little clearance between claiper and rim). Need to pick up a bunch of .5x.5 square tubing to make a mock bumper this weekend. Its ambitius but we will see.
Ah need to install my power steering cooler too! Plan on doing that tomorrow. If i dont make this weekend, thats fine. But i absolutely need to get my final material by next Friday as that is my last weekend to build the bumper so I can drive it to ontario on the may 3rd weekend.

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
holy eff PENSACOLA DIESEL INJECTORS SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

finished off justins R&D stage 1s just now, fired off very quick, very minimal smoke (i had sprayed a bunch of stuff down the bores previously as well) smooth consistent idle, snappy throttle response, engine doesnt shake at all. The way it should be. Holy hell i cant believe how bad those crappycola ones were.

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
will make one for ya tomorrow sir. its just it idling. Wont be driving for a few more days at best.