Realistic budget of a 2wd -4wd and goodies build

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
got a new wheel, 65 bucks shipped. used but new.

i like the wood look, think it might be more comfy palming it than the foam grant i have right now. palming the foam id get friction burn in the summer. plus wood looks bad ass.
probably need ad adapter for the truck, this one is for a mustang (dont know year). will have a proper horn button too finally!
You must be registered for see images attach

asmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that is sweet!! I really like that wheel, your truck is really coming together. keep it up I cant wait to see it "done"

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you think that fits our trucks? I mean ..ill find out soon enough lol, if it does..great score indeed! i really like the horn button too, havent seen one like that before

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
a steering spline i believe is universal.
most of that is the same throu out most makes.
in all the vehicles ive delt with, ive never had a mis-matching spline count, except for older pre war models.

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
replaced the ront seal, it was definitly the seal that was leaking, finished the ewxhaust, got a nice mandrel bent 90 degree existing out behind the cab under the frame rail where it bends up. Adding my coolant filter, bolting up CAC brackets again, welded up a bung for EGT on the manifold. this will happen at some point during the week.

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My **** pipe

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Somethign is making a really loud screeching noise ocasionally when i glow the plugs..could it be the new relay i got from oreileys? Never heard anything like this.

marmot

On the bench
Reaction score
If it's a loud squeal I have had a relay make that noise, but it was old and dying... although some of the parts I have purchased form oriellys were old and dying pretty soon after purchase:rotflmao do you have a stereo? Not a speaker?

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no stereo, its definitly coming from my GP and starter relay area. most likely a bunk relay from oreileys. life time warrantee...i hate swapping parts tho. ill take no warrantee, jsut make it frikkiun last 10 years.

i hate that sir, you can get this extended warrantee, or this part comes with FREE warrantee..i dont give a DAMN about a warantee, because a warrantee doesnt cover my damn time and effort.

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my brake lights work now at least :D i get about 30 mins after work before wife comes home so i try to tackle small little projects. hey every step counts right! but i got the full weekend to work on it so im expecting good progress. I have to replace my steering shaft becuase i noticed the u joint is pretty worn on it. I got another spare. Ill put the new tilt column in same time.

PS i LOVE this website (no affiliation) http://www.clipsandfasteners.com/

got my zf5 reverse switfch clip from ehre and the washer pump plug., and a bunch of misc retainers for my lexus. Hoiping it comes today so my tail wiring section of the truck can be 100% wrapped up.