Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

tires that are going on.

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
750 delivered to my house for a frame from texas.

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
only issue is, this owuld be on a 26 foot box truck. So that frame is like..6 feet up in the air.
or i can pay 700, then another 115 for a flatbed to tow it. close to 850 with taxes..

Its going on grass so im wondering, even with the boxtruck..can i just like...push it out till the tail section is on the ground, then drive the truck out a bit, and have tow guys on the side support it and then lower it down?

I dont know how much a frame weighs TBH. I have the front quarter of one in my garage and i can move it aorund myself quite easily.
With one side of the frame on the ground acting as a level, i dont think it would be THAT heavy.. especially if we put the frpont down on the ground first..

or ratchet strap it to the bumper of the box truck, pull away untill the frame is off the deck, and throw some sawhorse jacks under there?

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's not a two man lift. That I can tell you. I raised mine up with a chain hoist at on end in the rafters and shop hoist at the other and backed the trailer under it. I would guess 750-800 for my scab frame.

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im thinking isf they load the frame upside down , so all the bracketry is facing upward, ratchet strap one end to the tree, drive truck out till it tilts down, then just drive it out and have the frame hit the grass.

or quit bein a bish and pony up 115$ for a flatbed tow..?

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also just noticed, the wheelbase of 05, is 172, mine is 168.
well..gunna have to remake my homemade wheel arches again. no big deal. Theyre effed anyway.
I think the axle and frame compatibility and strength and cleanliness far outweigh having to make new fender arches.
Boys, im wading into some deep shet right here. Im too far up shet creek to turn back tho so gotta keep rowing!
-build it once-build it right!

Last edited:

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bronco frame...two can pick it up ...:sly

Yer frame...NO freakin way :rotflmao

I'm seeing here at the house, the turtle frame SC 4x is an 80 with all those holes...hmmm...give me an idea ya ha..

Strip it down cut off brackets...use the vertical section of frame with holes...to make box section inner pieces for my frame....weld em in place...neat, easy to access for adding wire, fuel lines, brake lines etc.

Stupid ADD/OCD can't get nothing done! :rotflmao A;lways thinking and then bam...new idea pops into head :rotflmao

GOod luck on yer build, I'm watching close too

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that could work. Gotta buy myslef 100' section of some rope. just got home and see the tree is much further away than i thought. but the rope sould work fine. Would be good to save myself 100 buckaroos on a service i dont really need

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
You don't have another vehicle you could hook to?
Not like it'd take much to drag it out.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my yard dimemsions and lay out wont really permit for that.
maybe..would need my roomate to leave his mini truck at home and take hsi other car for work.
it would only be me and the truck driver to do all of this though and im sure the truck driver wont really be too eager to help.

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
vheels are in:
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those are kinda nice. Did those come from Stazworks? Did I miss something?

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, theyre from summit. I mentioned earlier i am not going the recentered h1 route.
timing and initial cost and possible balance issue. Just good ol 17s.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SixFourShanks08

Members online