Project: '94 CC F350 Service Pickup

War Wagon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm experimenting with the vents a little I did one with and one without. Without the vent works fine until I get filled to the top gallon or two of the tank. Then it stops the nozzle. So, I think I will finish the vent for the other tank as well. Then you can fill them as fast as you want.

War Wagon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Worked on finishing up the vent on my front tank and plumbing in my in-bed tank. Turned out better than I had planned and I did the vent mod on top of the tank a little different than I've seen in other threads.

You must be registered for see images attach

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So it looks like you put a 90 in the tip of the rollover valve? Pretty cool. What size hose did you use for the vent? 1/2"?

War Wagon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Vent hose is 5/8 but the way I see it not really necessary. The smallest part in any vent system you build is going to be the fittings. That's where the most restriction will be. By taking the roll over valve apart grinding it smooth on top with the bench grinder, which actually works good for hard plastic like that, and punching it out with a 3/4" hole saw I was able to tap a 1/2 inch NPT fitting into it with a little heat on the plastic to get it started. Worked really nice. When you take apart the roll over valve it really becomes obvious why those valves are useless. There's no more than a pin hole in them. I really liked being able to modify the roll over valve and thread into it rather than threading into the grommet or shoving something else into it. Just not able to use quite as big of fitting as the other way. When I get to a pump someday I'll try it out.

asmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so did you end up gutting the valve in this process? it looks like it. i am getting tired of taking 10 minutes to get the last gallon or so in the tank and am planning on modifiying my tank soon. trying to get ideas.

War Wagon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so did you end up gutting the valve in this process? it looks like it. i am getting tired of taking 10 minutes to get the last gallon or so in the tank and am planning on modifiying my tank soon. trying to get ideas.

View picture 5 above. You can see the gutted and punched out valve on my 3/4" hole saw, the plastic cylinder that is the check valve, and its metal retainer. That's all that in them. Gut the valve and you can screw 1/2" NPT into it. Works nicely. I haven't tried out the functionality of it yet as I haven't needed to fill it yet.

War Wagon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, I completed this project enough to go to work with it and have been really busy with that. I have not been back here to update but after running for over a year here are some things lacking:

Rear suspension is riding/bouncing on the overloads all the time. Need heavier aftermarket springs or just a heavier pickup in general. I'm weighing about 12k lbs.

Really should have duals at this weight

I'm going down the road to a job most of the time and my 4.10 gears suck. Still need to get to the 3.55 swap.

Brakes are inadequate at this weight. It's too heavy in the rear and too light in the front.

For the most part it's been working great for me.

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You thought about adding air bags to the rear? Yeah your about 4K heavier than my truck so I'm not surprised your riding on the overloads. That's gotta make for a rough ride I would think.

How's the power of the truck? Glad it's been running good.

If you want to sell those 4.10 gears let me know. I'm looking to go the other way. My 3.55's suck for towing.

-Jeremy

War Wagon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only thing about trading gears is we don't live close.
The power is good for the most part. It really pulls strong in the mid range. 12k pickup + 10k trailer @ 70 on the interstate and you never have to shift. It's really laggy and smoky on the bottom end though. My R&D cam coupled with the stock turbo is a bad combo. I've got a Omega Moose in the back seat I need to get put on along with my Aurora 3000. Should be a very nice combo and take care of the lag on the bottom. Overall though it moves pretty good evan at 12k lbs and has been reliable. I think I've got about 20k miles on the build now.

Had some Rodney Red radiator problems. The old ATS 093 turbo kit is always leaking at the slip fit on the turbo drive side. I've resealed it multiple times and it always leaks again. Maybe somebody knows a better exhaust sealer. Little pesky things that are just old pickup problems I guess.

I've put air bags on one of the ranch pickups and they are nice as long as they hold up. I've found with very heavy loads that those bag kits won't hold up. I think I just want to buy some aftermarket heavier springs that will keep me off the overloads. I'd like to do that along with the dually axle. Being busy mechanicing makes it hard to stop to address some of these things being this is my work pickup.

jhenegh

Truck Still Earns its Keep
Reaction score
Alright I'm pulling down 8-12 with a 7.5-8k truck and 6-15k of trailer so I guess we're in the same ballpark.