Project: '94 CC F350 Service Pickup

idiabuse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did I just read this to the end and not see a word of how the white truck with the built engine and intercooler run? Is it global warming that has you stuck indoors or something?

War Wagon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Runs good

If you were looking for more than that, I'm very happy with it so far. Power is very smooth and it runs strong. The pump is turned up 2 flats and I adjusted the waste gate rod 4 turns tighter, but that was apparently not enough to make much difference. Timing is right at 7.5*. On my first runs I thought my EGT's were higher than they should be approaching 1200* and my boost low only 8psi max. I thought the smoke didn't clear up like it should either. So I wired the waste gate shut for a test drive and notice my power came on a little stronger yet and my EGT's were easily in check at 900* max. Oh, and I can peg the 15psi boost gauge with ease. I need to adjust the waste gate and maybe I need to get a 30lb boost gauge. I think at least till I get past the engine break in and get my A3K turbo on there I'll keep it where it is and try to limit the boost to 15psi. I still need to do a little tweaking on the waste gate, but I'm very happy with the performance the way it is.

War Wagon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A few more pictures of a some more upgrades I did this time around.

ATS AURORA 3000 for future install
down pipe and MBRP 4" mid-pipe This combo allows for the shortest length of 3" down pipe. Mine is not much more than a foot long.
Upgraded tensionser
I modified the hydra booster mounting bracket to lower it 3/4" to be in line with the stock brake pedal.
I got a #1 injector line from a van off of U-hauls ebay store to make more clearance for my intake tube. It didn't fit well at all. I had to tweak it quite a bit for it to fit properly. I don't know if I got a bent one or if they are all like that.

You must be registered for see images attach

War Wagon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been away from my thread for a while but I'm getting back to it. I'm getting pretty close though. My B&W ball was seized badly and took a lot of heat a force to get it out. This is why I'm not a fan of these hitches. I had to do a little repair and reenforcing to it too. Body has been on an off for mach up mounting. Should have it mounted permanently in the next few days.

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking good. Boy that hitch did appear to be stuck. That service body looks to be in very nice shape.

Glad it's running good and allowing you to put some miles on it.

War Wagon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking good. Boy that hitch did appear to be stuck. That service body looks to be in very nice shape.

Glad it's running good and allowing you to put some miles on it.

Really stuck! I had a 20 ton press maxed out on it and probably heated with the torch for 45 minutes to get it to budge. I wanted to get it flipped over so I could use it with my service body. Also I wanted to used the flat surface of the hitch plate to mount the body onto. The body is in nearly new shape (came of a ex gov owned pickup). I got a pretty good buy on it compared to new price and it's barely barely used. Got to work on my cross members for the body mounting this afternoon and I really like how nicely it's going to mount up on my pickup. I should have the body set on permanently by tomorrow. I'm getting excited an re-motivated now as I'm getting close to going to work with it.

War Wagon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got it set on there and mounted for the final time. I need to built some frame extensions still to reach back and mount the very back crossmember of the body since I'm mounting an 9' body on an 8' frame. It hangs about a foot past the rear of the frame, which is fine with me because I need lots of room. It looks goofy with the narrow 235 tires on there since this body is made for a cab and chassis dually. I will put some 285/75R16's on there eventually to support some more load and that will look a lot better in the fender well. TOYO M-55's if I can afford them. I still need to wire up the lights and build filler necks with vent mods, but I have a couple other jobs to finish first.

War Wagon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haven't been getting a lot done on this lately. Been tied up in some other projects, but I worked on some filler necks tonight.

Front

Back

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good! Those are some long extensions. Did you clean out the vent crap from inside the fillers when you modified them?

War Wagon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got back to it and some more little things done.
-110 gallon fuel tank mounted
-Tailpipe reworked to accommodate wider/longer service body so I'm not painting the side of it black.
-I broke down and got new TOYO M-55 285/75R16's. Not cheap, but they're pretty much the toughest thing on the market. They really look good on there and fill out the wheel well nicely.
-Old ugly running boards had to go. New tires rubbed them. I like the look without them better. Someday maybe I will build some steel steps to my liking.