Official 2010 IDI Rally Thread

FORDMAN41291

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wish i still had my 6.9 or else i would come but right now i am in between jobs and don't even have a vehicle

diesel4me2

Camping is more importanter!
Reaction score
so, i stopped in today at the campground to talk with the owner, as to his rational behind not assigning site numbers. this is a brief synopsis of what his reasoning was.

we have a very large group, in the past there have been large groups that have reserved a portion of the campground. individuals called in and reserved spots over here and some over there, one or two more over there. then there reservation deadline came and went without filling the area that was held for them. upon arrival, people in the group complained that there were "infiltrators" in there area. since they reserved there own individual sites and they didn't fill the area, the campground rented out the rest of the sites. people in the group started complaining, they even went so far as to ask the campground to ask several family's to break camp, and switch, so they could be close to their group. it turned into a big mess. the owner said "time for a new policy".

i have 31 sites reserved. 20 around the pavilion, 8 across the road, and 3 close by, in case we need them. they are holding out on assigning sites until the 20 around the pavilion are accounted for. then they will assign the first 20 who reserved. then they will hold 8 more till there full. then the last 3 will be assigned. if we don't fill the spots by the registration deadline. they will assign us an area around the pavilion that keeps us all together. if we fill the pavilion area, but not the rest, they will assign sites from the ones i have reserved that keep everyone next to each other.

so.... tell everyone " the sooner we fill her up, the sooner we get site numbers"

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's a pretty dumb reason. Looking at their facility, I see some sites more ideally suited to 3 trucks than others. I suppose I'll have a talk with them when I call. :backoff

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
I can understand the reasoning.... this way we keep everyone together, that way Nick doesn't have as much ground to cover to go from trailer to trailer until he finds one he can sleep in....

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
I can understand the reasoning.... this way we keep everyone together, that way Nick doesn't have as much ground to cover to go from trailer to trailer until he finds one he can sleep in....

:rotflmao:rotflmao:rotflmao
And to think Jeremy would have something to say about that.
Too funny!LOL

flatlander

plays dirty when losing
Reaction score
I like it. Last year we were waaaaaaaaaaaaaay over there. Almost like someone was prejudiced towards gasoline powered vehicles.

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score

LOL... at least he didn't end up over at the cabin! :)

diesel4me2

Camping is more importanter!
Reaction score
Looking at their facility, I see some sites more ideally suited to 3 trucks than others.

just let them know what you need and they will reference it as they assign sites. if you need a bigger site or if you need a pull through or if you would like a particular site let them know. they are keeping a running record of what people are bringing and what they have requested so they can better match sites to what people need/want. they were very accommodating to my family when we camped there for a week - even before we talked to them about the rally. we had to get a feel for the campgrounds first ;Sweet

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also Mel, if you need more space.......I'm just bringing one truck and a tent. I've reservered an RV site. So, there should be plenty of room for one of the Moose fleet if needed.

Heath

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calroc