Official 2010 IDI Rally Thread

diesel4me2

Camping is more importanter!
Reaction score
1-877-462-2671is the number to call for reservations

Hello and welcome to the 2010 rally being held in Garden Prairie, IL. July 1st through the 5th, 2010. come as early as you want, stay as late as you want(personally, we are currently looking at a nine day stay). My wife and i are grateful for the opportunity to host this years rally, and are looking forward to having everyone come out. i am still working on the schedule and will up date this thread as things fall into place.

Just an FYI if your coming in from the east on 80/94, or up from the south on 65 merging into 80/94, to avoid having to drive through Chicago stay on 80 west, past the 94 N split, past the 294 N split, past the 57 N split.( my gps kept trying to re-route me to these roads to get me home) they recently completed the 355 extension all the way down to 80. it will skirt you around downtown and drop you off on 90 to the north. depending on the time of day it could shave several hours of your travel times

The campground.... Paradise Camping Resort
address.... 11122 Station Street
Garden Prairie, IL
phone number... 1-877-462-2671

they require a cc number to hold your spot. nothing will be charged to it, they use it to hold reservations. There is a three day minimum stay for the weekend and when you arrive you can charge it or provide another form of payment as you see fit. we are reserved under the "Ford IDI Weekend". while there are no full hook ups, there is a honey truck available on site. water and electric on all sites, several pull through, and a couple of tent sites.http://www.paradisecampingresort.com.

i will have an internet connection available at the site 24/7 for anyone to use

there are no cabins available, but there are several hotels within 10 min of the campgrounds. there is also an rv dealer about 1/2 an hour north of the campground that rents campers.

cancellation policy - being that it is a holiday weekend, they are requiring a two week notice for any cancellations.

hotels....

America's Best Value Inn
1605 N. State St.
Belvidere, IL 61008

http://www.bestvalueinn.com

*****2 day minimum stay*****

1 King size bed

54.99 - weekday rate
59.99 - weekend rate

2 Queen size beds

59.99 - weekday rate
64.99 - weekend rate

This includes free cable, wireless internet, and a continental breakfast

camper rentals....http://www.finnrv.com

Final-Final schedule of events.

For day visitors, the campground fee is $2 dollars for the day.

Thursday... arrival day, campfire meet and greet by the pavilion. nothing planed. getting where your going is hectic enough with out having to worry about schedules

Friday...

11:00 am mel's timing clinic.

1:00 pm prove you've got what it takes with single elimination bracket racing at bryon drag way http://www.byrondragway.com/Home.html
-2:00 pm race time-
-30 dollars to race-

7:00 wings and poppers for snacks at the camp site

Saturday...

12:00 pm show and shine at the campground.

5:00 pm pot luck dinner. we will be doing a pig roast this year ;Sweet. please bring a dish to pass.
award banquet and chinese grab bag during/after

Sunday...

10:00 am ride the rails at America's largest railway museum. http://www.irm.org.
- 12 dollars for adults and 8 dollars for kids-

Fireworks in the evening at Emricson Park

Monday...

11:00 am. you can't come to the windy city and not spend a day in it. so, a day in chicago, we'll catch the train in, visit the Field Museum, and have some chicago style pizza to finish the night.
-Basic admission cost to the museum is 15 dollars for adults and 10 for children-

for those of you who plan on staying later, there are many other features that you can attend:
Great America Amusement Park
Magic Waters Water Park
Time Museum

THE OFFICIAL LIST if you've made reservations and your name isn't on the list please drop me a pm.

1. Ironman03R
2. Hesutton
3. Agnem
4. Goose
5. Argve
6. Darrin Tosh
7. 160K87f250
8. Diesel4me2
9. the cook(not a member, just the cook :thumbsup:)
10. Dsl_Dog_Catcher
11. Liddledoggie

Last edited:

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
I am going to try my hardest and work my ass off so I can go to this Rally! It's only 1684 miles from Halifax, which would take about 2 days one way. I wonder if the ol' girl would make it that far...

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, just talked to Missy. She's no tent camper, but I'm game if she's not pregnant or just had a baby around that time. We're trying for number two.:sly So, I'm coming if the above are not an issue. I'll likely pay for an full RV site and stick a tent there so I'll have H2O and electric and not be too far from the others.

I'll know more depending on how soon the misses gets in the motherly way.;Really

Heath

ON EDIT: This thread needs a "Sticky"!!

f-two-fiddy

Reaction score
This is about as close to My House as a rally has ever been. I'm DEFINITELY going to make an effort to get out to this one!

Was just at the Campground website. If We come, We'll be checking out the Illinois Railway Museum http://www.irm.org/

Last edited:

diesel4me2

Reaction score

diesel4me2

Reaction score
if your looking at the map on there web page the sites are W21- W53 and S79,80,and 81. basically everything surrounding the little pavilion. call any time for reservations. there expecting us.:sly

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
pig roast mmmmm;Sweet;Sweet;Sweet:D:D

gonna check out the camper rental deal, not shure what we will have at the time . but cant wait ;Sweet:thumbsup:

diesel4me2

Reaction score
so, i emailed Jason Thompson (feature editor from Diesel Power Magazine) and he had a request for pics from previous rallys. they need to be at least 1.0 mb in size, the higher resolution the better. he would like to put a little article together for an up coming printing and run it in the mag. so i am asking everyone here send me all your pics that feature trucks, activities, settings from previous rallys. :thumbsup:. the more exposure we get the better

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've sent Jason several emails with links to a bunch of photos. I'm waiting on him to call or email back with what pictures in particular he needs. Once he knows what photos he wants, the guys who took them can email them to him directly. He can't use a linked photo from webshots and the like.

Heath

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Woohoo! Looks like about 800 miles. Gonna have to weight the options and do some math. 4800 miles total for 3 trucks. Yea that's about $900 in fuel. LOL Better start saving now. :D

flatlander

plays dirty when losing
Reaction score
Woohoo! Looks like about 800 miles. Gonna have to weight the options and do some math. 4800 miles total for 3 trucks. Yea that's about $900 in fuel. LOL Better start saving now. :D

Or you could just bring 1. We've seen your trucks and can regale any newbies with tales of how nice they are. Free of charge of course.

Unless you plan on "Stock in '10"! I think I hear a rumor brewing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01