Official 2010 IDI Rally Thread

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
all right, so the story goes like this. said goodbyes, dump the tanks, head on out. truck feels a little loose, bump up the air pressure a little bit (90lbs). hear a little "ting" and all hell breaks loose. truck bed drops about 11 inches on the drivers side, camper lurches over into on coming traffic, smoke starts pouring out from under the truck. im trying to stop the truck, keep the kids calm, trailer in my lane, and pulling off the road. i get the truck stopped, jump out and check the damage. first thing thats apparent is i lost an air bag, tire, and my clean shorts. upon further inspection my pan hard bar ripped out a chunk of my frame :eek:. made a few phone calls and had a 6x6x8 chunk of oak delivered. jacked the truck up, cut the air bag out, ratchet- strapped the wood in place and slowly drove home. i think the frame ripped and the weight of the camper pushed the bag into the tire, rubbing a hole in it. and now the pics.

OUCH. :eek: It this a case of "The bigger they come,....,.."

Yea that could have been a whole lot worse, Glad you made it home and nobody got hurt. Sounds like it could have turned into a roll over,...

WHIEW,....;Sweet

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Finally made it home safe and sound. A big thanks to Chris and Jessica for a well put on rally. We had a great time. Had a few mishaps comming home, but nothing like your, Chris. Holy smokes. Glad everyone is all right.

We left yesterday at noontime. During the trip the awning on the camper decides to start falling off. Luckly a passing vehicle alerted us of it and we secured it w/ a tie down strap. Made it to just outside Cleveland by 11 pm and we slept at a rest area. After going to the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame today, we met up w/ Rob and got the bumper for Mel then headed home. The truck felt as little bouncy and I checked things at a rest area. Found the RF lower shock mount broke. So we limped it home w/ no shocks on the RF. Also kept losing power off and on, but after talking to Mel, I think it's an advance problem inside the IP. Time to start saving for another one.

Left Cleveland at 1 pm and made it home by 9:30. Not to bad pulling a camper through the mountains.

It was great to see everyone and meet some new people. Looking forward to next year.

John

Hey John, Glad to hear that you made it home also, not quite the fan fair that Chris had but that's ok too,...;Really

160k87F250

not rocket science
Reaction score
And now my mid-ship fuel talk starts to leak. Big puddle underneath the truck this afternoon. Something else to fix tomorrow.

fury9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
new bags will be here monday, frame will be welded up on tuesday, just in time for me to go to work :D

i had an excellent time ;Sweet. i'm, working on an photo album. i'll post a link when it's done. look below for a little preview

thanks. i just might take you up on that :sly

hmmmmm....something is missing here

fury9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
new bags will be here monday, frame will be welded up on tuesday, just in time for me to go to work :D

i had an excellent time ;Sweet. i'm, working on an photo album. i'll post a link when it's done. look below for a little preview

thanks. i just might take you up on that :sly

hmmmmm....something is missing in one of them pictures

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey everybody! We made it home just now. over 1900 miles for each of the 3 trucks for the vacation, and everything is great. A full review when I recuporate from the lenghty drive home. Thanks again to Chris and Jessica! We had a great and memorable rally. ;Sweet

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88

Members online