New to me 96 powerstroke

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images
new bed no visor then fenders this week she looks a lot better already. Still have never got any of them readings because I bout 2 adapters for the torque pro app and neither work idk if I bought the wrong one or not but oh well.just started driving it cause I blew the rearend out and acouple ujoints cause the yoke was wore out and fixed the oil cooler and ya that's about it for now. Still gotta get a new Icp it's just kinda hard to drop 200 bucks into something I don't need right now lol I think the Icp sensor not working along with the chip is what cause my pedal to be crazy. Don't have a problem since I took the chip off. Turns out I got a killer deal on this truck cause it's got a kingpin d60 in it.ill keep y'all post as I get more done

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Go into the dealer and have them do the OBD2 flash. Probably hasn't been done yet.
Or someone could've put the older pcm in, as the 96 should already be obd2 compatible.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
Go into the dealer and have them do the OBD2 flash. Probably hasn't been done yet.
Or someone could've put the older pcm in, as the 96 should already be obd2 compatible.

How do I check that an it'll connect just not talk to the computer.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
It'll will always connect with your phone, but it won't communicate with the computer.
Get the pcm code. It's where the harness plugs in. I think on the drivers side.

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
Ya it'll connect to my tablet but it says it won't talk to the computer but it is obd2 I forgot I've had a scanner hooked to it before lol his just can't do everything I need

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

madpogue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it runs right, or better, without the chip, it's the chip. Contact whoever made, or burned, the chip.

Bonus on the straight axle!

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Ah.
I have both, the elm won't do anything, the obdlink mx tries communicating. But I don't have the obd flash done yet. Too much pain to remove the chip. Lol

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
Ah.
I have both, the elm won't do anything, the obdlink mx tries communicating. But I don't have the obd flash done yet. Too much pain to remove the chip. Lol

Hell I did it lol can you gimme a link to the one you have I may try it one last time

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
This is the one I have.
I had issues with my chip, so I had pulled it a bunch of times. Now I don't want to pull it for awhile. Lol