New to me 96 powerstroke

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
Pop the valve covers and watch to see if any oil is coming from the Injector bases.
Also the oil spill ports.
Can even unplug them one at a time to see if they're working.

Maybe just the way the sound came through, but sounds like a injector or rod knock. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I did that all months ago when I did the valve cover harness and it ran the exact same way and ya it's always ran like it had a knock but idk I've ran it hard so you would think a rod woulda done came out the block or something It didn't have metal shavings in the oil either when I did it. So far I've change the cps(grey one or black idk now) Icp, vch and plugs and removed the chip

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
But did you pop the harnesses at each injector to see if there was a change in idle?

Yes multiple time I was lookin an it could be the ipr from what I read so next week Imma check the nut on the back

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images
put a 6637 filter on so I don't dust the engine even Ough I barley drive it it give me some piece of mind lol yes I know that not how you do the mod properly but the smart owner before me got rid of the piece that is needed to move the filter off to the side so this will have to do for now. But I took it for a spin and it didn't miss at all when I would come to a stop like before it idled smooth then I got back to the house and revved it up some(I like the 5" straight pipe way to much) and it started to shake at idle.*** I swear this is a female truck cause it has some serious mood swings it seems like. The mechanic thinks it's got bad compression but I don't think so cause why would it be fine one minute then not the next. I still gotta figure out the knock to but I'm not worried about that till it runs fine all the time

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Yes, it would work. But...
Get this http://www.riffraffdiesel.com/riffraff-diesel-6637-filter-kit/
You can get the 99+ kit if you don't wanna pay the extra for the bent tube.
I can show you mine, I have a straight piece of 4 inch leftover from exhaust on mine. Which brings up, if you have any laying around, just buy the filter.

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
Filter only is about $30.

So pretty much what I paid lol. I decided free shipping was cheeper plus Goin to napa the filter was like 60 bucks and 20 in fuel there an back lol

nj_m715

government's finest
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you got a filter or the whole kit?
who was the seller or did you just score a used set up for that price?
did your led headlights come in? I managed to get my new buckets and relay kit done this weekend. added led turnsignal and marker lights while I was in there. I didn't want to take that stuff apart twice.

I paid 35 bucks for mine on eBay idk what riffraffs was I forgot

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
you got a filter or the whole kit?
who was the seller or did you just score a used set up for that price?
did your led headlights come in? I managed to get my new buckets and relay kit done this weekend. added led turnsignal and marker lights while I was in there. I didn't want to take that stuff apart twice.

Just the filter and ya they came in there bright as hell to but they have firmament issues so I ended up glueing the ring to mine the goes inside the headlight then it has the locking ring that lockes them into the headlight.so if you don't mind muddin it to make um fit I would buy um I'll get a pic Ina few of them

lowbeam
high beam

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7