Honda bumper

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
That is really top notch man ;Sweet . Could you get to work on the 87-90 model bumpers? I offer my truck to be the test truck for those years :D
Should be some subtle changes, thats all.

Just curious, can you still mount your plow with that bumper on the truck?

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
apextrans said:
That is really top notch man ;Sweet . Could you get to work on the 87-90 model bumpers? I offer my truck to be the test truck for those years :D
Should be some subtle changes, thats all.

Just curious, can you still mount your plow with that bumper on the truck?

I am much closer! Mine first!!!

It is a great looking bumper, looks great installed. You do quality work as I have seen first hand. ;Sweet

Scott

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
Thanks alot guys already planing improvements for the next one and I might build one out of diamond tread steel looking at a new pipe bender and maybe a different design for the bumper

apextrans thats a good question I haven't tried it yet but I beleive it will I know it clears the bottom as long as it clears the uprights I'll be good but if it don't no big deal I built it too so I'll just modify it :Sly ;Sweet

Jeff Dodson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
fsSnowboard said:
wow, what an awsome looking bumper.

Hey I dont mean to post jump, but Snowboard, Your truck is exactly like mine, except mine is a 91 F250 4x4 XLT Lariat

Attachments

• truck 2.jpg
    truck 2.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 16

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
Hey Gruss I got the block heater cover from Truck pro but all they had was the cover so I had to go to a hardware and got a reguler male plug with a metal grounding cover and it fit perfect so I just used a short self tapping metal screw to hold it in place but its been in the fifties here so I haven't used it yet

JamesF250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like it. Seems like every bumper I like is hand made. Maybe I should learn welding.

Do you have any close ups of how the bumper attaches to the truck? Did you do anything to account for the extra weight of the bumper?

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
Yeah James welding is good but then ya need the tools but once ya get a starter set and get going you want bigger better tools then when you get good with those you want different kinds of tools to do different things to learn with and it starts all over its a dangerous cycle if your married

Sorry I don't have any close ups but basically its 2 pieces of angle iron as uprights that bolt right back where the stock bumper did with the same bolts

No I didn't do anything for the extra weight it was only another 120lbs more then the stock bumper did'nt seem to bother it any

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
I thought about that Geo but I need a winch to build around you send me a winch ;Sweet and I'll build the bumper :D Thanks Geo

troutwest66

Ricer-Roni The IDI Treat
Reaction score
Top Notch!

I've seen some professional bumpers in adds in Diesel Power Magazine and yours is every bit as nice as theirs and probably a lot better! I'm impressed with your work. Aric. :thumbsup: You mentioned the diamond plate and I think that would look excellent! I like the chrome on the bumpers. Too much plastic today. The diamond plate would be real sharp. ;Sweet Seriously, how much would your bumper or a diamond plate version be worth? You might think about a little side business.

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
Thanks alot Mel I always think about side buisnesses being self employed in trenching this time of year is real slow

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
troutwest66 said:
I've seen some professional bumpers in adds in Diesel Power Magazine and yours is every bit as nice as theirs and probably a lot better!

I agree. I went up to check out the dump mechanism on Aric's truck. I have been a machinist both hobby wise and employed as an engine machinist. I am a pretty fair welder and fabricator myself, and while I haven't seen this bumper in person, I have seen the work of the person(s) that built it and it is top notch. I assume your dad helped you at least a little! :)

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Real nice job Aric! Congrats, How many orders do you have now?,..

I feel sorry for anyone that pulls out in front of that truck driving a Honda,..

Later,
Darrin

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
Thanks Darrin I about had a guy in a celebrity pull out in front of me today with about 4 tons of dirt on the back

Thanks Scott actually the only help I got from dad was when I was removing the bumper from test fitting it your truck looks good is that as high as it dumps I like how the hoist is mounted so close to the front gotta help with them heavy loads and make it more stable on uneven ground

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online