Yet another heads thread

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
Got the glow plug relay relocation harness in today. Not gonna lie, this looks very well built. Can't wait to get it installed.

I'll call Justin next week Friday to check on my heads, then it's slam it together!

You must be registered for see images attach

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
After a bit of a waiting for my heads, they are finally en route back to me, and I should see them in a week.

Mostly for my reference because I'm bad at losing sticky notes, for head studs Justin recommended the following torque;

Factory pattern, all in ftlbs

Set pump at 7°

Lock wastegate out

Then full send it, should be fine.

I also asked about stock rocker levers and can followers wearing out with the comp springs, he said the comp springs actually help prevent bent push rods and such, the engine floats valves easier with stock springs.

Can't wait to get this under way...

Edit, forgot to mention, he said a wicked wheel upgrade for the 093 turbo kit is a very good idea.
Probably something I'll do down the road, not right now.

Last edited:

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't forget what Smokey the Diesel says, "only YOU can retourque your heads after a couple thousand miles....... unlike that do-do brain Jesus Freak who almost screwed some stuff up. But he caught it in time and there was no real damage...... he's coming around".

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
Don't forget what Smokey the Diesel says, "only YOU can retourque your heads after a couple thousand miles....... unlike that do-do brain Jesus Freak who almost screwed some stuff up. But he caught it in time and there was no real damage...... he's coming around".
Aren't you using stock head bolt though?
I wonder if you have to do it eith ARP

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
Well the tracking for my heads says Friday. Mother nature decided to be aa cruel mistress, and start raining tonight and not stop until next week sometime.

Well I showed mother nature my favorite finger, and made a tent. I want my dang truck back!

You must be registered for see images attach

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online

No members online now.