Honda bumper

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
Thanks guys I had to take my snow plow pump off today to test fit it and so far everything looks good I got it marked so I could cut it out to match the contour of the grill and I got the corners filled in

Rob I think I'm goona hang on to my bumper for a little while any how it'll make a good template I know I'm gonna make at least one more probally 2 so I'll probally have a spare bumper then ;Sweet

Rich we used to have one of those old push bumpers it was cool but I wanted something a little different

Mel its 1/4 inch plate steel I was going to use 3/16 but I got this from the scrap yard for about 1/4 of the price of new so this is what I'm using I would say so far it weighs about 70lbs but I'm not done yet :eek:

Jlayne I'm ussing a plasma cutter to make all the cuts

Tuckerd1 I was thinking about cutting some holes in it or maybe a ford emblem to let air in but I'm going to wait till I get it mounted so I don't cut out where I need a brace for the mounts

Gruss cookoo :D

Attachments

• bumper4.JPG
    bumper4.JPG
    50 KB · Views: 27
  • bumper5.JPG
    bumper5.JPG
    68.5 KB · Views: 25
  • bumper6.JPG
    bumper6.JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 22

Diezel_Cowboy

It's not like a real ***!
Reaction score
Looks good!
I have always wanted to build one just never been motivated enough to actually do it. I found a homemade bumper a long time ago over on TDS, i think the member's name was "Carebare" but dont hold me to that. I pm'd him and he said that it was his design and he made it himself out of aluminum.....It is the nicest I've seen anywhere even if it is on a slodge!

Here is a picture of it

Attachments

• Awesome_bumper.jpg
    Awesome_bumper.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 46
  • awesome bumper.jpg
    awesome bumper.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 29

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Looks good dude! After seeing your abilities on the dump stuff, when I saw the title, I knew whatever it was would be well BUILT! Finally got my dump stuff together, ended up buying a new cylinder and using a vent plug like you showed me, or I should say will be using it, I haven't got it installed yet. Funny how when it gets cold, my old cylinder stops leaking, slow a heck, especially coming down with cold oil! :)

I have a pretty cool pipe bumper with a diamond plated top that will be going on mine eventually. It has this huge ring made into it, it actually hangs down and pivots, looks like a bull's nose ring. Great place for a winch and such as well as a place to stand when under the lid!

Last edited:

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
Thanks Scott I haven't been able to work on it much lately got it all welded up though that was alot of welding but any how you'll love the dump when you get it done my first bed came down pretty slow but it was awful light the one I showed you on my GMC is twice as heavy as I used steel twice as thick this one goes down real good but it can also be power down I used to pull a shed up un our trailer once came in handy

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
Thanks Darrin heres some more pics I haven't got to work on it much lately but I did manage to get it all welded up and ground down I test fit it on my brothers truck it slipped right over his stock bumper loocked pretty good now I need to remove my bumper and build some mounting brackets and finish the ends by the wheels then I can get started bending pipe :D Oh and after my brother saw it on his truck I beleive he'll be my next customer cookoo but the pay won't be any good :rolleyes: but thats how family goes :eek:

Attachments

• bumper7.JPG
    bumper7.JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 40
  • bumper8.JPG
    bumper8.JPG
    111.8 KB · Views: 35
  • bumper9.JPG
    bumper9.JPG
    91.2 KB · Views: 30

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
heres the pics of some of my welds and after I got everything ground down

Attachments

• bumper10.JPG
    bumper10.JPG
    85 KB · Views: 28
  • bumper11.JPG
    bumper11.JPG
    69.7 KB · Views: 28
  • bumper12.JPG
    bumper12.JPG
    73.9 KB · Views: 27
  • bumper13.JPG
    bumper13.JPG
    70.2 KB · Views: 20

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
Aric!
;Sweet

That's what I'm talkin about! I love it!

I want one with cut outs, really really nice work.

:Thumbs Up