Honda bumper

ramon f350

Reaction score
wow that is very nice I really cant wait to see the finished product so you will be taking orders shortly right. i'll give you a speacial deal I will let you send one down here to Texas and I will even pay the shipping LOL seriously though that is a tough looking bumper

Ramon

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
Thanks Rob I could bring ya one to the rally if I can fit it in around the bike :D

Thanks Ramon I'll get ya one in the mail :Sly right after all the paying orders :eek: :D

912504x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hear Yee Hear Yee!!

All hail the custom bumper king. ;Sweet

So, now the question is how many dollars off are we going to get with the oil burners dot net custom bumper group buy discount deal :Sly :backoff LOL!!

p.s. when is the winch bumper model coming out?

Nice nice work,
Eric

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
Wow, that's looks really good, I was wondering how it'd look on the truck and I must say it looks better than i thought it would. What color is it going to end up being?

Also, 70lbs isn't bad at all, i was expecting more!

NICE! ;Sweet

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
Thanks guys I got the mounts made today and my stock bumper off going to get a buddy to help me put it on tomorrow then I'm going to start bending pipe

Eric discounts allready cookoo :draw If you go by me say a 12k winch so I have it to build around I'll build ya a bumper to fit it then I'll send ya the bumper :Sly ;Sweet

yaric I'm probally just going with black on this one either gloss black or I was thinking about ussing the spray on bed liner I did the snow plow mount in I been picking it up today and moving it around I'd say about 80 lbs now with the mounts but I got a few more things to add I would'nt be suprised when I get done that it weighs in around 150-175

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
Ok nows when you start asking yourself what was so wrong with the factory bumper cookoo bending pipe sucks with the bender I have the shoes are not quite a full 90 plus the size pipe I'm ussing makes to big a radius so I'm having to cut in part of the bend to make the pipe shout enough to start the next bend back the other way but when you bend pipe with out a mandrel bender it gets a little oblong so when you mate it to the next pipe that is oblong the other way I have some welding and blending to do to make it flow better cookoo any how I got the sides clearenced for the tires and mounted to my truck and I cut out the uprights and started on my pipe now all I have to do is make the other side match the one I allready did nothin to it :rolleyes:

Attachments

• bumper14.JPG
    bumper14.JPG
    83.9 KB · Views: 45
  • bumper15.JPG
    bumper15.JPG
    84.1 KB · Views: 51
  • bumper16.JPG
    bumper16.JPG
    64.1 KB · Views: 60
  • bumper17.JPG
    bumper17.JPG
    55.7 KB · Views: 37

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Awesome Aric! Like I said, after seeing your work, I KNEW this would be cool. My dad and uncle still talk about seeing your trucks and how good the welds and all looked.

That bumper is unreal. Great pics, keep'em coming!

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
93turbo_animal said:
Thanks Scott I haven't been able to work on it much lately got it all welded up though that was alot of welding but any how you'll love the dump when you get it done my first bed came down pretty slow but it was awful light the one I showed you on my GMC is twice as heavy as I used steel twice as thick this one goes down real good but it can also be power down I used to pull a shed up un our trailer once came in handy

Yeah, I remember you saying that, so when I had the option of a dual or single acting cylinder, I thought it might be a good option. Since you showed/told me how to do the vent plug, it only made sense. Once I get it mounted, I will eventually by a two way electric/hydraulic power unit or break down and do the PTO/Hyd. pump, which is what I would really like to do, just didn't care for the price. Maybe when I get to that point I can look under yours again! :) (Really want to get an in person look at that bumper as well!) :) I remember you said you found a different pump than the one listed from the PTO supplier as they quoted me about $1200 for both. I found a guy online that said he could hook me up with a pump and PTO unit, with electric engagement for about $600, he just needed the cylinder size so he could match flow. Might just have to follow up on that.

Anyway, look forward to seeing the final product, but like I said, the craftsmanship I saw in your work was very impressive, so I knew this would be well built as well.

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
Hey Scott I beleive my pump flows about 4 GPM at like 1800 RPM and has continuous pressure of 4000 and a max of 4400 which is way more then most cylinders need I have the releif set at 2000 The only thing I'm not sure of is wether I got the 1:1 PTO or the 1:1.10 PTO either way if your going to get pump and PTO from the same guy he should match them up to operate at the right RPMs MInes fast enough for me plus I just speed the motor up a little if I want it to go a little faster

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
93turbo_animal said:
Hey Scott I beleive my pump flows about 4 GPM at like 1800 RPM and has continuous pressure of 4000 and a max of 4400 which is way more then most cylinders need I have the releif set at 2000 The only thing I'm not sure of is wether I got the 1:1 PTO or the 1:1.10 PTO either way if your going to get pump and PTO from the same guy he should match them up to operate at the right RPMs MInes fast enough for me plus I just speed the motor up a little if I want it to go a little faster

Yeah, now you are refreshing my memory, that was the thing that scared me about the guy online, he said his unit was a .79 to 1, which made me think I may have to really generate some RPM's to make that setup work. I had contacted the place you told me about, and yes they seemed great to deal with, but that is where I got the $1200 price tag for both pump and PTO. So I guess the price of one and the speed of the other just made me go electric! :D I haven't done anything the easy way on this truck, not sure why I did on the hydraulic pump! cookoo

I bought my electric/hydraulic unit, with both a 1.5 and 4 gallon tank for about $200 shipped to my door. It even has the 10 wired remote and I bought a second one, figured I would keep one in the box (where pump is mounted, side tool box) so I could dump from outside and one in the cab. Works pretty well. Another reason I thought about a two way is to lock the bed down a little as well. My bed will "bounce" on the rests on rough terrain. Dad worked with Urethane and has some liquid I can cast into bumpers too, so I will probably try that first.

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
The PTO rate would have been okay as long as the pump put out 8-10 GPM at 1800 any way $600 is way cheap thats what I payed just for my PTO but after having electric this is the way to go if your going to dump a lot in a short amount of time

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
93turbo_animal said:
but after having electric this is the way to go if your going to dump a lot in a short amount of time

Yeah, that is why I went electric because I don't dump a lot. Although, now that the neighborhood, the fish and game club, my family, etc. all know I have a dump, it seems to be getting busier! :)