FS: Dually conversion Kit

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've only seen one set sell. How do you get an average with one data point??

LOL

warhog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Patience pays off! Haha. I think I had two bites on Craigslist, and zero on ebay,and zero on here (until they finally sold). It's a tough market for them, you just have to happen to catch someone at the right time. Good luck with the sale!

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the fronts should be an easier sell than the rear simply due to the offset. The front isn't changing where the pressure on the bearings compared to the rear. here's some pics of a OE dually front hub and a Arrowcraft adapter
arrowcraft.
attachment.php
attachment.php

OEM
attachment.php
attachment.php

the rears otoh, aren't as good of an idea due to the lack of material in keeping the wheel centered on the hub. if you are not towing heavy, you can compensate by using a centramatic wheel balancer system. check out this thread....https://www.oilburners.net/forums/showthread.php?73850-what-are-these-between-my-duals.
Under no circumstances should one consider using one of these as a spacer BETWEEN dualls. it is not what they are designed to do and is not legal. why? the rotational forces of the wheel will shear off the studs on the hub. A simple analogy is using a breaker bar. With no breaker bar, the force is what you put into the effort. with a 2 foot breaker bar, your force is now multiplied by a factor of 2. 10lb of effort, 20lb of force. These wheels easily weigh 100 lbs static, we're not even going to try to factor the spinning weight, but you should be able to use your imagination if you add a spacer.

Attachments

• SL373137.JPG
    SL373137.JPG
    863 KB · Views: 167
  • SL373142.JPG
    SL373142.JPG
    863.8 KB · Views: 169
  • SL373139.JPG
    SL373139.JPG
    867.1 KB · Views: 168
  • SL373143.JPG
    SL373143.JPG
    874.1 KB · Views: 168

War Wagon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for turning me onto these. I'll likely need adapters for the front if I get the dually parts pickup I need. The biggest trouble is that I live in Montana and you're in Maryland.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you are interested, I think I can knock the studs out and they would probably go in a flat rate box or 3. Just tossing that out there.

The rims of course not so much.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wasn't really wanting to split them up. Hell, I've even kicked around keeping them. Let me think about it.

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@towcat Is there any value to the OEM 2wd front adapters ? There is a pair at my local. salvage yard, wondering if I should grab them.

Sorry for the hi-jack

Last edited: