6.9 & 7.3 idi electric fan clutch conversion

BR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
either way looks like a good piece and I have had great luck with the 6.4 clutch, so thats a bonus. There was a Thread going around a while back about an HD truck bolt on electric clutch, but man they were expensive when i looked it up, I think just the clutch was almost $700, glad to see a cheaper high quality option

03wr250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that's the hope, is incredible cooling ability and still staying reasonable for the idi masses.

Basically my goal was to give idis the ability to tow with newer trucks, and not overheat doing it. we may not be as fast, but if you and the family can haul your trailer over the pass/grade/hill without overheating and minimal stress, that is a win in my book!

animalv

Reaction score
I'm working on putting a 94 factory turbo 7.3 into a 87 chassis with a ZF5. once this is done my 66 f100 body is going on it. The R&D pipe in your one pic is that a intercooler pipe? I have the old IC from my E99 from when I put a BD IC into it. It would be nice to make that work. I wonder if your fan kit will work in this build? TIA

03wr250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes 6.4 clutch with a custom adapter, custom wiring harness to control the fan clutch using a motorcraft pigtail, instructions, diagrams, cut out templates, hardware and a pwm controller for the fan clutch complete with coolant temp sensor.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online