E-Fuel Conversion and New IP!

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm those are high egt's in my opinion. I guess that performance pump is doing it's job aye. I bet that pump would melt down a n/a idi like mine in about 5 minutes lol. I can't help you much with your transmission issue but I am glad everything is buttoned up nicely. If I were you, I would probably turn that IP down a bit so you could use the truck without worrying about melting pistons and what not.....or get an intercooler like you stated and figure out a way to stuff more air in there :D.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You either have an exhaust and/or boost leak, or something's up with that IP, or you have a dragging brake caliper/wheel cylinder or something...there's no way your EGT's should be that high unless you're going uphill at WOT, and even then your boost ought to be higher than that.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dumb question(s). Are you sure your temp gauge is right? Where is your probe? Anything special about the turbo? Someone more educated on turbos (open question here) wont more boost possibly reduce the Egt's because it improves efficiency? Still trying to wrap my head around all that.

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
honestly.....i have no idea if my pyro is accurate. it is the only pyro that the truck has ever seen so..... probe is in drivers side mani at the rear of the mani. stock factory ats 093 hot side with 60-1 compressor wheel. i opened up the exhaust oulet to 3 inch where the down pipe hooks up to the turbo. open element intake with 4 inch pipe. in my mind more boost will mean lower(more controllable maybe) EGT to a certain extent.

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
Actually, one other question...how did you set your pump timing?

wing it, lined up the marks. don't have a meter handy. reallly want to get a meter on this thing to get the most out of it. wednesday i am gonna give it a touch of advance. it is pretty quite right now even on cold idle.

Black dawg

Reaction score
more advance will help with the egt. How is your wastegate set up? a modified pump will get 20psi out of that turbo with the wg still functional.

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everything sure is nice and clean under there. Mine should look similar to that in a couple months (- turbo of course).

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With EGT's being that high under those conditions, something isn't right. Timing will help, but being too far either way will bump up the EGT's. But, still, timing alone is unlikely the issue.

Heath