E-Fuel Conversion and New IP!

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
Got Justin's ferret(stupid easy to use BTW) and timing light today and checked the timing. timing is at 8* BTDC @2K rpm(not bad for doing it by ear hahahaha). Justin's gonna get another IP on it's way to me.As far as the e-fuel goes........happy with it, strongly thinking about going to a couple of frame mounted fuel filters though i getting rid of the factory filter and filter head. tired of it seeping fuel.

Last edited:

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So you are thinking your lack of boost issue is caused by the R&D IP? Didn't you say your trucks EGT's were plenty high with that new IP on there??

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
yes. the egt's were high, but advancing the timing to 8* took care of that. the pump is just not putting out the fuel, a WOT run from a near stop yields almost no smoke and this pump should smoke like a train when getting on it. the IP is the only thing it can be....timing is good....if it had fuel and no boost then egt's would be hot and it would be a smoky pig(it's far from that), i am getting 6-7psi of fuel into the IP so the lift pump is working good. so based on all that and low egt's(for what the pump is) and next to no boost...the only answer is the IP.

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
Hope it works, it might just change your mind about the IDI ;Really

I'm still wishing I had my old 6.9.

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
Hope it works, it might just change your mind about the IDI ;Really

never know, but i'm not holding my breath LOL. will be happy if this things is just less of a **** lol. i know these are not "fast" diesels, but damn, it sucks mashing the skinny pedal down just to get the thing up to speed lol. lots of noise and not much movement lol.

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
2nd IP is on......

Still absolutely no better than before. I really don't even know what to say right now. i'm just so pissed about this whole thing. i dropped nearly a grand in a fuel system and and it is no better than the leaking, un-known miles IP and original lift pump that was on the truck when i got it.

same numbers as before as far as egt's and boost. I think something is wrong with my turbo though as well. as a good amount of side to side play. no in/out though. when i rev it with the intake tube off i can hear a little "chirp" noise coming from the turbo. So nearly $1,500 in air/fuel mods down the drain.

Don't even get me started on that royal POS they call an E4OD, who ever designed that should be castrated with a dull spoon and the shot in the head three days later. let him suffer for a while. my current shift strategy. take off, shifts into second, i mash on it right once it hits 2nd, it shifts straight to third and locks the converter....what the ***** is that???????????????

This IP does feel stronger down low than the other one, but that may be b/c this one started life as an N/A pump unlike the last one. this just has no balls up top, just falls on it's face.

oh yeah, i should mention that i now have to put up with 900 rpm being the lowest i can get for hot idle.....

Can barely break the rear tires loose on a dirt road when putting the pedal threw the floor from a dead stop.....

I wish i would have gotten out of this thing when i had the chance.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
FIPL adjusted correctly?
Why can't you get a lower rpm setting?
If your turbo isn't performing correctly, a 90 cc IP will black out the sky and your egts will be through the roof.
You need to step back and relook all of the variables.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like more n fuel..

How about a little less LIFT pump and all that other plumbing, then by pass the regulator and see what happens...

I see too many things being changed at one time and not knowing what change made the issue!

So start with a POS lift pump like the Green Mr Gasket or something and no fancy other stuff inline keep it simple.

Then report back.

Multiple changes at one time make it very hard to diagnose what the issue is cause you have no where to start.

JM2CW

Al

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
FIPL adjusted correctly?yeah
Why can't you get a lower rpm setting?idk honestly, i have the idle setting screw backed all the way out and the throttle arm on the IP is against the body of the IP, cold idle rod is not hitting it either.
If your turbo isn't performing correctly, a 90 cc IP will black out the sky and your egts will be through the roof.next to nothing for smoke.
You need to step back and relook all of the variables.

Sounds like more n fuel..

How about a little less LIFT pump and all that other plumbing, then by pass the regulator and see what happens...i could try that, but the performance was exactly the same with the old injection pump and lift pump that put out less than 5psi when under throttle.

I see too many things being changed at one time and not knowing what change made the issue!

So start with a POS lift pump like the Green Mr Gasket or something and no fancy other stuff inline keep it simple.

Then report back.

Multiple changes at one time make it very hard to diagnose what the issue is cause you have no where to start.

JM2CW

Al

I have a vid of the smoke from my first R&D pump on my facebook. i will try to post it when my internet decides to work LOL. Al and Ron, you guys can see it on there, and just for reference, this new pump puts out nothing compared to what is in that video.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Eric,

Maybe ...just maaaayyybbbeeee 5 lbs and a BAD IP is bad and 5 lbs and a gooder IP is gonna rock?

What does it hurt to just grab some good Ole fuel line and do a short test bypassing all the new mumbojumbo fuel system and see for chitsngigglz if those parts or some part of those parts is the problem?

I know it takes a few bucks for the fuel line and also time, then again what have you got to loose at this point?

Hmm???

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
Something with the trans sounds funky. My E4DOA even leaking and...well being an auto will shift into second or 3rd and if I'm going the right speed it'll kick down and pull/burnout til 3300 rpms before shifting. It's also got a banks trans command which probably changes the shift points some. I was on a dirt road today and laid it to the floor, kicked down into first (about 10mph) and didn't stop spinning the tires and up shifting til about 35-40 mph....

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
Eric,

Maybe ...just maaaayyybbbeeee 5 lbs and a BAD IP is bad and 5 lbs and a gooder IP is gonna rock?

What does it hurt to just grab some good Ole fuel line and do a short test bypassing all the new mumbojumbo fuel system and see for chitsngigglz if those parts or some part of those parts is the problem?

I know it takes a few bucks for the fuel line and also time, then again what have you got to loose at this point?more money on a lost cause.....​i don't have money to keep dumping into this thing.

Hmm???
what are the odds that i would get three bad IP's in a row though...........

Something with the trans sounds funky. My E4DOA even leaking and...well being an auto will shift into second or 3rd and if I'm going the right speed it'll kick down and pull/burnout til 3300 rpms before shifting. It's also got a banks trans command which probably changes the shift points some. I was on a dirt road today and laid it to the floor, kicked down into first (about 10mph) and didn't stop spinning the tires and up shifting til about 35-40 mph....
yeah, that is the polar opposite from mine LOL

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
i really wish i had more info on my trans rebuild. all i know is it was rebuilt while under the ownership of the PO and a "shift kit" was put in it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online