1985 F350 Crew Cab

nicknd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1985 F350 Crew Cab...final price drop, $1200

Selling my '85 F350. I've only owned the truck for a week and a couple days. My plan was to start fixing up/restoring it but college and work have gotten in my way, so it has to go. I don't want to just let it sit throughout the winter.

The truck:
1985 F350 CC Long bed, 4x4, 6.9L n/a diesel, c6 tranny, manual t-case. The truck is very basic w/ a blue interior with no window tint and rubber floors. Has an Alpine deck and door speakers in it. Goes through a quart of oil every 300 miles or so (pretty sure it leaks more than it uses). Starter will slip once every 10-15 starts. It has VERY LITTLE rust for a 25 year old U.P. truck. Does have a manual glow plug system from a later model truck because the factory systems sucked. Has dual Optima deep cycle starting batteries. Reese hitch w/flat trailer plug installed. All cylinders have 400+ lbs of compression. Dana 70 rear end and Dana 50 TTB front end (does not eat tires). The pump is turned up 3 flats so there is some black smoke when you step on it.

Here are all the extra parts the truck comes with:
New starter, set of reman BB code injectors (A codes in it now), later model glow plug controller, later model GP harness, later model fuel filter/water separator, later model gauge cluster w/tach, spare IP in working order with good lines, spare y-pipe, spare set of exhaust manifolds, spare oil cooler (needs o-rings), fairly new CDR valve, plastic rear tank w/ good pickup, side tank w/ good pickup, full set of F450 springs and hangers (will bolt right to frame), set of aluminum bedrail protectors, 4 matching tires with 60-70% tread, 6 dually tires and rims

Things it has had in the last
3 Years: New tires, new wheel bearings, new front and rear brakes, TSC black enamel paint
2 Years: New water pump, new heater core, new headlight switch, new BERU glow plugs, Optima yellow top starting batteries, new lift pump, ISSpro pyrometer, new headliner
1 Year: F450 hydro-boost brake system, new rear brake lines, all new drive shaft joints and carrier bearing in rear, new fan clutch, new oil cooler o-rings

The bad:
Like I said, it uses oil and the starter slips every now and then. The truck also has low oil pressure at (warm) idle, I don't know what the exact number is because of the gauge increments, but it's low. It's more than fine when it's under power or during cold idle. It has not broken down, run like crap, or failed to start. The front seat has a rip in it. The radio was coming loose the other day, so I pulled on the middle dash bezel and accidentally broke it; it is now held in with duct tape. Doesn't look that great, but it keeps it in there. The sending unit for the fuel gauge doesn't work, meaning you the fuel gauge won't read anything. Does not have a rear tank in it as of right now. There is also a slight clunking in the front end but nothing seems loose or broken. Has a little blue smoke at start up but clears after 10 seconds or so. There is less smoke on warm starts.

Asking $1200 Firm
More pics: http://s677.photobucket.com/albums/v...dEscape_album/

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
well good luck with the sale....again haha. you wanna sell those "bb" code injectors seperate?

nicknd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well good luck with the sale....again haha. you wanna sell those "bb" code injectors seperate?

I have a guy possibly buying the truck tomorrow. As of right now, the price is $2000. If I go down a substantial bit more, I will be keeping some of the parts including the injectors.

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
I have a guy possibly buying the truck tomorrow. As of right now, the price is $2000. If I go down a substantial bit more, I will be keeping some of the parts including the injectors.

ok well if he dont get it let me know the price on those injectors. thanks!

nicknd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok well if he dont get it let me know the price on those injectors. thanks!

The injectors were $28 each, so I'm thinking $100 for all 8 and you pay for shipping. Keep in mind that these are 6.9 injectors. I'll let you know what happens with the truck later today.

Last edited:

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
The injectors were $28 each, so I'm thinking $100 for all 8 and you pay for shipping. Keep in mind that these are 6.9 injectors. I'll let you know what happens with the truck later today.

6.9 injectors wont work in a 7.3??

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
I don't see why they wouldn't since a 7.3 is just a bigger 6.9L. But again, you might want to check to make sure.

im pretty sure there they will because on ebay they say 6.9/7.3 injectors. who did you get them from or did they come with it? have they been pop pressure matched?

nicknd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im pretty sure there they will because on ebay they say 6.9/7.3 injectors. who did you get them from or did they come with it? have they been pop pressure matched?

not sure about the pop pressure matching, but they came with the truck when I bought it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online