Realistic budget of a 2wd -4wd and goodies build

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well,....jus twhen i thought i was out..it puled me back in.

No valve cover leaks, everything seemed ok. Coolant filter is in, exhaust sounds AWESOME.

about 15 mins of idling and it starts ******* from behind the balncer again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

this is what i did last time. It looked like the seal was dunzo. There was a visible groove worn into the balncer, i couldnt feel it with my finger. What cheesed me off is the seal and sleeve i ordered from rock auto...the sleeve doesnt fit anything...WAY too big to go on the crank, and its the exact OD of the balancer soo...ya.

I installed the seal deeper than the old one i pulled out thinkign that might get it off the groove.. Siliconed the crank bolt...Dunno boys.

If i could get a sleeve that fits over the balncer would be nice. I think this is where the leak is. What you guys think? Eating some home made pizza now, then going to head back out. At least I installed the 90 deg fitting on the rad so it wont **** all over the place!!! Im thinking I can have the front end out in abotu 30 mins now.

PS: the injector that wasnt sealing before, i cranking it a bit earlier, doesnt seem to be smoking right now, but when I put a stethoscope on it its definitely louder than the others, has more of a knock to it. When i loosen the injector line the sound of the engine definitly changes. Whats up with that? Engine defintiyl has a shake to it too, never had this on my old setup. Ok ok I admit..I got the injectors a while back from Pepsi cola diesel..

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i found this on ebay, but id like to get something from oreileys or napa ASAP tomorrow or monday. Anyone have a part number for this sleeve? I measured the sleeve I got, i dont remebr numbers right now but there is NO way that thing is going on. It is simply much too small. something like 6 mm smaller comes to mind.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Engine-Harm...-V8-/271196875239?hash=item3f2497e9e7&vxp=mtr

PS heres how ti sounds with the exhaust routing outwards. Turbo wasnt hooked up again but man it spools great. cant wait to hear it loaded.
https://youtu.be/POb6p2ZHK6g

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
found auto zone carries the sleeve, made by pioneer hb4155. ill order one tomoro.
Im wondering if i should swap in one of my old ones. they werent kept in the cleanest environment though..

Does someone have a low mile D code they could sell me?

Also-does someone have the intermieate steeeting haft with a GOOD u joint i can buy? Or can i just buy a new u joint (the one near the firewall) for the column?

stealth13777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
found auto zone carries the sleeve, made by pioneer hb4155. ill order one tomoro.
Im wondering if i should swap in one of my old ones. they werent kept in the cleanest environment though..

Does someone have a low mile D code they could sell me?

Also-does someone have the intermieate steeeting haft with a GOOD u joint i can buy? Or can i just buy a new u joint (the one near the firewall) for the column?

Honestly, I would see what Russ wants to go through those pcola injectors. Then you'd know what you have. Only potential issue could be how busy he is and how long it would take him.

Personally I would struggle doing all this work then using known questionable injectors when to have them in good shape might cost you $100.

If you (or I, for that matter) have the money now, I'd order conestoga's BBs. But I know I don't have the $ :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
buying 1 injector is a gamble.
our fuel systems depend on all of the injectors popping around the same pressure for them to run good.

this is why everyone here that sells injectors sell a MATCHED kit ;)

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The pepsi injectors have about 45 mins run time on em. i got a new injectir for $20 from accurate diesel (MI guy). I dobt have the cash atm to buy a whole new set. Ill try the one and if it sounds better ill roll with it

Ccccoolant filter
You must be registered for see images attach

some fab work just takes way too long, bout 3.5 hrs on this. Not even mint o well

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gunna paint that brackey yello. Had to grind off the gas engraving off the cap.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
dont feel bad, it took me 8 hours to make this badboy for my boat.

now you know why fab work is so expensive!!!
this is exactly why i started fabbing in the first place...
it does take for ever!
dont worry about it not being mint, youre going to ***** alot more before you get better.
then again, its only FUBARD if it does not work lol
the imperfections you feel that is there, is nothing more than CHARATER!!!

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oof that looks nice.

Got a bunch of stuff done yesterday, gotta list it all out so its out of my mental checklist

fuel filler minus paint
wiper wiring
wire linkage bushings
organized the headlight wiring
drained ATF from zf5. need to reseal the PTO plates
changed out a bulb in my boost gauge.
hooked up my dome return to the light switch
wiper, ignition and headlampo switches installed in their respective bracket
put another pushbutton on my switch panel, and a blue light for high beam indication
finished wiring for the tailights, hazards and turn signals work.
made a pig tail for my aux reverse lamps
put the correct shock bolts in
need to clean my e pump pickup screen, collected some crud from the tank, that bowl is on there tiight
horn install kit came in so i can put the tilt column in along with my wood grant wheel
hooked up my blower wiring inside the cab, just need to make my relay pack under the hood
installed megafuses for the alternator and glowplugs
need to make one more bracket for exhaust tip and paint it black.
Im always happy when the electrical works as it should. Its always a surprise lol. Hopefully my HVAC works!

PS: anyone knwo if I can buy a new U joint for my steering shaft?? or does someone have the u joint section in GOOD condition I could buy?

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i mean the U joint thats right by the steering column. steel u joint

success! bougth a blend door vacuum motor for 14 bucks shipped on ebay right now vs 40$ from ford on ebay. my hvac quest is almsot complete! (minus...all..ac..components..)

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ill check to see what shape mine is in when i go to work. i have atleast 1

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member