91idi

Fiberglass *****
Reaction score
We

Last edited:

trapper

Boom Boom
Reaction score
Looking at this, i could of swore i seen someone who used a stroker crank in there idi, of that is possible wouldn't it make it easier to adapt a ZF6 to the IDI since you can use a LUK flywheel for a PSD?

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i got a stroker crank but its a stroker kit for this engine
not a psd crank
it will fit with a lot of block work they are pretty close iirc but the mains are different dia etc.

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The 6 speeds are rumored to be pretty troublesome in comparison to the ZF5, and you don't really get anything for it except another in between gear.

Lots of work for very little payoff IMHO.

f-two-fiddy

Reaction score
Some peeps even mention a loss of power. The ZF6 pump supposedly takes a few ponies to operate.

As for point number 2:
The ZF6 is not the best tranny.

RyanDamo

1 IDI 2 Strokes
Reaction score
I agree, you really wont be getting any benefits with the zf6 that the zf5 doesnt have for all the work that is required, if you really want to go crazy you'd be better of stuffing a nv4500 in there

zebrabeefj40

Reaction score
I agree, you really wont be getting any benefits with the zf6 that the zf5 doesnt have for all the work that is required, if you really want to go crazy you'd be better of stuffing a nv4500 in there

Could you explain why the NV4500 is better than a ZF5 or ZF6? I hear of plenty NV4500's that fail but very few failed ZF series transmissions...

Thanks,
Nick

adrianspeeder

USAF C-17 Avionics
Reaction score
My six gun is nice, but personally don't see the extra work being worth the gain. I'd rather run a five speed and over drive unit behind that.

Adrianspeeder

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
Yeah rebuild the one that when the rebuilder saw it laughted. Yeah there is a reason i do stuff! You think if i could have had a 5 speed rebuilt i wouldn't have????

What did you do strap a bomb to the case and set it off?