ZF 5 Trans Tunnel

7.3 Obession

Reaction score
Hi I'm in the process of gathering my parts for a C6 to ZF 5 swap in my truck I've been doing a lot of research and my question is do I need a taller trans tunnel for the ZF, mine seems pretty low and is one solid piece not a cover with screws I haven't found a solid answer any help would be nice!!!!

7.3 Obession

Reaction score
Is it taller? Any good ideas where to find one there's not very many good junkyards in my area?

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well taller I dunno butcjust swapped in a zf n well its different.

How many would you like? 3 in stock here.

Kicker is ...if ya looked....I am West coast in BC Canada...

Thus nope no idea where YOU might get one...where you are.

Shipping would suck for that.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi I'm in the process of gathering my parts for a C6 to ZF 5 swap in my truck I've been doing a lot of research and my question is do I need a taller trans tunnel for the ZF, mine seems pretty low and is one solid piece not a cover with screws I haven't found a solid answer any help would be nice!!!!
Do you have any pictures of your floor pan insert?

I don't know what a C6 floor panel insert looks like, but here's a ZF insert with a T-19 insert for comparison. I'm including a picture of attempting to install the T-19 insert with the ZF5 in place so you can get an idea of how much clearance you need.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Hope this helps some ;Sweet welcome aboard!!

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
Does anyone know how the ZF5 tunnel cover compares to the gasser 5-speed (M5R2) tunnel cover? If it's the same, I have one from the junk bronco here and I'm only a couple states away from Obession. Shipping would be better than from Canada :D

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
I have a spare zf5 cover that I don't need because I swapped transmissions. I don't think I am close but at least in the us lol. Let me try to get some pictures tonight if you are interested.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

kawamatt

Reaction score
Does anyone know how the ZF5 tunnel cover compares to the gasser 5-speed (M5R2) tunnel cover? If it's the same, I have one from the junk bronco here and I'm only a couple states away from Obession. Shipping would be better than from Canada :D

They are the same.

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
Then I have one as well. Body on this bronco will eventually get scrapped as I don't foresee anyone wanting a rotted out tub.

7.3 Obession

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the help I got the tunnel from a guy in Wisconsin he is shipping it to me. I just find it weird that mine is one solid piece and not a cover you would think Ford would make it more interchangeable in the sake of manufacturing. I'm just glad to dump the TRASHY C6 for the ZF 5 the manual it is so much more practical in these trucks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bradz

Members online