WVO + WMO + other fuels = bad news???

Brad S.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A while back someone mentioned mixing wvo & wmo and it not mixing or something like that??:puke:
If anyone has let me know, I'm always a sucker for making a "super fuel"cookoo, diesel, wmo, wvo, old gasoline, whatever all in one and see how it runs.
Thanks guys

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
been mixing WMO and WVO recently and have not noticed any trouble yet. i think i might back off and go back to WMO for the truck and start making bio. i worry about the buildup that can happen with WVO.

wmoguy

Reaction score
take this for what it's worth, but I have read several articles on various boards that mixing WMO and WVO (actually Biodiesel now that I think about it) creates a sludge like substance. I couldn't tell you what percentages of each will cause you grief.

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
been mixing WMO and WVO recently and have not noticed any trouble yet. i think i might back off and go back to WMO for the truck and start making bio. i worry about the buildup that can happen with WVO.
I'll try to show what my mix looks like....

take this for what it's worth, but I have read several articles on various boards that mixing WMO and WVO (actually Biodiesel now that I think about it) creates a sludge like substance. I couldn't tell you what percentages of each will cause you grief.
no grief in 5 years......

Brad S.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Almost sounds like the wvo might be binding to the crap in wmo:dunno.
I might try some in a clear jar and let it set out, etc.
Anyone trying straight veg oil with wmo??? Probably wouldn't make any diff.;Sweet

wmoguy

Reaction score
to correct what I said prior, it was biodiesel mixed w/ WMO. I'm taking a wild stab at why that might be, but I'm wondering if maybe the instances I read about were guys that did a poor job of getting the glycerin out of their bio before mixing in WMO. it would seem to me that would cause the sludge I've read about. Then again, I did read it on the internet, so it must be true right? LOL

dieseldonn

Reaction score
The way i understand it mixing WMO and WVO can cause the WVO to crystallize. And it gets worst the colder the fuel gets. I have heard of guys pluging filters. I say you should go one way or the other. WMO or WVO not both. Now on there own each will mix fine with pump dino. I clean and run WMO and have been doing it for a year without trouble. Before running WMO i ran WVO for 3 years it's just to hard to get or cost to much in the market where i live. I can get waste motor/hydro oil for free all day long. And as long as you get it clean it will burn really good.