WVO/ veggie oil to gasoline alternative

res0wc18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so this may sound crazy but its fact so please take it seriously.

When i was a kid the local public station (KCTS Seattle) had one of these science for kids/teens shows on and i cannot recall what the heck it was called but anyways they took brand new veggie oil of the store shelf and made "an emergency gasoline alternative" by blending it in a blender with some common chemicals and then proceeded to pour it in an fj62 land cruiser and it ran without issue!

For the life of me i cannot find this video anywhere on the net etc. But me and my cousin distinctly remember it when we were kids watching it.

Anyone have an idea what im talking about?

Brad S.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so this may sound crazy but its fact so please take it seriously.

When i was a kid the local public station (KCTS Seattle) had one of these science for kids/teens shows on and i cannot recall what the heck it was called but anyways they took brand new veggie oil of the store shelf and made "an emergency gasoline alternative" by blending it in a blender with some common chemicals and then proceeded to pour it in an fj62 land cruiser and it ran without issue!

For the life of me i cannot find this video anywhere on the net etc. But me and my cousin distinctly remember it when we were kids watching it.

Anyone have an idea what im talking about?

:eek::eek:
Got new plugs anyone...??
Just kidding, how long ago are you talking. If it was a fuel injected engine that could be tricky.
I suppose if you could thin it out far enough.

bbjordan

Snow Monkey
Reaction score
Are you sure it wasn't a diesel fuel alternative? According to wikipedia, while the FJ62 had a 4.0 L I6 3F petrol engine, Toyota also had the following:

Diesel:
3.4 L I4 3B diesel (BJ60)
4.0 L I6 2H diesel (HJ60)
Turbodiesel:
4.0 L I6 12H-T diesel turbo (HJ61)

Could have been they were making biodiesel.

The FNG

NOT a Powerstroke!
Reaction score
I've briefly heard of someone doing this in a Chevy gasser, but I don't know the details. It's not crazy talk, just one of those things that makes you scratch your head. Think of the old tractors that started up on gas and then switched to diesel.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828