WVO Step one in progress!

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
I ordered a 40 transfer flow gallon midship tank earlier this week, I figured I'd better have good range since I cant get veggie oil on just any street corner, set me back something like $827.86 to my door from XtreemDiesel.com, found a 5% cupon, turns out the first place I looked was in CA and wanted to charge me sales tax -cuss so I passed. Once I get this I'll be able to order a heated fuel pickup, filter, and vegitherm (electric inline fuel heater) along with a pile of other parts!!!

hahn_rossman

Hahn Rossman
Reaction score
NapaBavarian said:
I ordered a 40 transfer flow gallon midship tank earlier this week, I figured I'd better have good range since I cant get veggie oil on just any street corner, set me back something like $827.86 to my door from XtreemDiesel.com, found a 5% cupon, turns out the first place I looked was in CA and wanted to charge me sales tax -cuss so I passed. Once I get this I'll be able to order a heated fuel pickup, filter, and vegitherm (electric inline fuel heater) along with a pile of other parts!!!

Welcome to the wonderful world of essentially free fuel. Start tinking about how to filter your WVO and who you are getting it from now. By the time you are done converting the truck you really want to have a consistant supply of grease. Spend some time reading up on the dewatering/filtering topics. My advice is to get the best quality WVO you can find, rathetr than spending a ton of time working with lousy grease. My favorite source here in Seattle is a japanese restaurant. They filter their grease daily and change it every two to three days depending on what time of thre week it is. This is sort of the high water mark of quality. There is a lot of information over at:
www.frybrid.com/forums
They sell the best kit (IMHO) I'm a slightly biased source as I helped them get set up with their welding protocols and other geeky technical bits. They are also the most expensive (funny how often the two go together). I would really consider buying the heat exchanger seperately if you plan to roll your own kit, and possibly some of their 3 way valves. Good luck.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
While I don't want to start a flame war over wvo kit suppliers, I'd avoid buying anything from frybrid like the plague. The guy seems to have some nice stuff, but he has some serious customer service issues.
I don't have any problem with someone making a mistake or two, but I have a real problem with being lied to. That guy has ****** my chain past limit.

I ask the guy if he has a filter in stock, he says yes, I order, over a month later, no filter, then he tells me it was just shipped the day before, I get it, and it was ordered by him and drop shipped from the factory, the day after he told me it had already been shipped.
Then he has it advertised as comming with a filter and a wrench. gets here with no wrench. I contact him about it and he tries to blame the manufacturer and say that THEY advertise it with wrench and don't provide. After copying off of frybrids own website where FRYBRID advertises it as coming with the wrench, he tells me that he will send me the wrench and immidiatly change his website to not say that anymore.
3 months later, still no wrench, and I just checked his website and it still says " -All units include filter and filter wrench- ". :backoff

I'll not be spending anymore of my hard earned cash with him, and if you look in his fourms, there are a number of people angry with him for taking their money and a couple of months later, no kits and no response to emails.

---------Robert

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
jrisingmoon- run my engine on used veggie oil from restraunt deep fryers

RLDSL- I understand where you are coming from, I'll probably use their switch so I don't need to keep more spare pollocks than fuel filters behind the rear seat, I just havn't found any other options.

hahn_rossman- Thanks, I'm there already, I have a colection system and am working on the filtering system using a 275 gallon tank and mist washing similar to biodiesel washing for the initial wash, but don't want to get sources lined up untill I can collect the oil, I need to move a couple sheds so I can place my dump tanks in their perminant home. The truck system will be homebuilt with a Davco 234 and vegitherm in addition to a heated fuel pickup and heated fuel line.

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=8546710&uid=1677036