WTB 83-86 Crew Cab Diesel

ZWilson07

Cowboy
Reaction score
I am looking to get back into the IDI game.

Specifically looking for an 83-86 crew cab diesel!

I will settle for a 2wd dually if the price is right to justify the 4wd swap but would be nice to just get a 4wd srw from the get go if possible.

I was thinking about only sticking to the later years of this generation due to early cracking blocks but I figure after this many years, the early ones would probably have replacements engines anyways if that was the case.

Willing to travel up to 500 miles if it is in good enough shape to make the drive home safely. Max budget is around ~3500.

Thanks

Last edited:

Tim4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1986 Diesel Crew Dually 4 speed.

$4,250.00 Hagerstown, MD 21740

Attachments

• Two-sides.jpg
    Two-sides.jpg
    217.1 KB · Views: 28
  • 1 Interior-blue.jpg
    1 Interior-blue.jpg
    221.3 KB · Views: 30
  • floor-it.jpg
    floor-it.jpg
    208.4 KB · Views: 27
  • Blue-hips.jpg
    Blue-hips.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 23
  • Blue-Dually.jpg
    Blue-Dually.jpg
    304.9 KB · Views: 32

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
One thing to remember on the 4x4 Crew Cab request.... from the factory, they only made 4x4 Crew Cabs in SWR, if its a 4x4 Crew Cab Dually is a conversion. Ford didn't make a factory Crew Cab 4x4 Dually.......

ZWilson07

Cowboy
Reaction score
One thing to remember on the 4x4 Crew Cab request.... from the factory, they only made 4x4 Crew Cabs in SWR, if its a 4x4 Crew Cab Dually is a conversion. Ford didn't make a factory Crew Cab 4x4 Dually.......

You are correct that is why initially I posted that I would take a 2wd dually if the price was right but I appreciate the reminder.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You gonna be willing to meet me and look at it together if I buy a plane ticket and fly out there lol?
give me some advance warning...no problem whatsoever. I do have the Reno Tow show in the middle of the month to attend for a few days.
if you do buy it and want to do some PM work before hitting the road, you can do the work at my shop too. But be warned....I mainly work nites.
one more thing, fly into SJC if you are looking at flights. I'm literally minutes from the airport.

ZWilson07

Cowboy
Reaction score
give me some advance warning...no problem whatsoever. I do have the Reno Tow show in the middle of the month to attend for a few days.
if you do buy it and want to do some PM work before hitting the road, you can do the work at my shop too. But be warned....I mainly work nites.
one more thing, fly into SJC if you are looking at flights. I'm literally minutes from the airport.

Sounds good I will start looking into plane ticket prices.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry... this ended up in the wrong thread.... somehow...

Last edited:

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd maybe think about Deposit through Paypal? I thought you could recall the payment if the goods don't arrive?

ZWilson07

Cowboy
Reaction score
I'd maybe think about Deposit through Paypal? I thought you could recall the payment if the goods don't arrive?

That's what I thought but still figured it wouldn't necessarily be the best. I guess there really aren't to many good options private party to private party.