Would a small fuel pump work on H20

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
OK, H20 is in & work sometimes but the pump loses it's prime if not used frequently. I guess its because the pump inlet is higher than the tank outlet. Gravity is not happy with the setup. I was thinking about putting a small fuel (or any type of fluid) pump in the feed line so I wouldn't have to tear out everything I already did. Any recommendations on a suitable pump? Also, I was thinking of just tapping into my boost switches for power to the pump, but would it be better to just wire the little pump direct so I could prime the nozzle pump? If so, would I need some type of return line to the tank if I wanted to keep the little pump running even with the H20 in standby mode? If your wondering to yourself why I don't just raise the tank higher, it's because the tank isn't permanant. It's taking up too much bed space & I plan to find a slightly smaller tank to mount under the truck, which will further hinder gravity's abilities. Anyone? Thanks

beretzs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How is that H20 Injection working? Did you figure out the priming issue? Sorry been a stranger for awhile. Been working pretty long weeks, Days and hours lately. Anyhow, just wondering how it is working out? Scotty

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
JPR - that would work but at times I don't think there's anything for the ball to hold back. I'm not getting anything into the pump.

Scotty - How've you been? Thought you may have been deployed early. As you can see, Still having priming issues. I'll email you some pics.

WWWabbit - I thought of that. You think it would have enough ass to push the fluid 8-9 feet? Usually the washer pumps only have to push a short distance, like less than a foot.

How about the wiring end of it? Off the boost switches or independent of the system?

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
Yes, so I put the check valve as close to the tank as possible. It's been a while since I bought mine, so they might have changed. But on mine you can unscrew the two halves of the valve and remove the spring. This ensures that 0 liquid can flow in the reverse direction, and it makes it so almost no pressure is required to open the valve in the forward direction. I would send you mine, but it has found a new home on the end of my vent tube for the big fuel tank that I just installed.

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
I guess you could call it that. :D But in a more practical sense, if I hit a huge bump and the tank is full it won't allow liquid out the vent tube.

wwwabbit

Mmmmm Diesel
Reaction score
apextrans said:
WWWabbit - I thought of that. You think it would have enough ass to push the fluid 8-9 feet? Usually the washer pumps only have to push a short distance, like less than a foot.
Well, the one I was playing with, water would land about 15 feet off the end of the hose (without a nosel on it) so ya, I don't think it would have any problems moving the water 8-9 feet in a hose. Think of how far most of them shoot water.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntjapkes

Members online