Wiring question?

91f2504x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was getting everything back together on my truck today and I thought it would be a good time to put all new bulbs in the headlights and tailights before I installed them. My left (ds) front turn signal hadn't worked for a while and I assumed it was just a bad bulb but today when I put new bulbs in everything it still wouldn't work so I tried another bulb and it still wouldn't work. The left rear turn signal is working fine so I checked the wiring at the connector at the front bulb and everything was good. So just by chance I reached in the truck and turned on the flashers and the left bulb flashed just fine, so I am thinking that the wiring must be good from at least the bulb back to wherever it splits off for the turn signal and flasher. Has anyone else ever had this problem or have any idea where to start digging to figure out what could cause it to work with the flasher but not with the turn signal. I guess I will start looking through a wiring diagram to see where they "split" takes place and check that area first.

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
Probably not what you want to hear, but the turn signal switch under the steering wheel is pretty weak and breaks easily. Just food for thought.

Tom

91f2504x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't think the rear turn signal would work on that side if the switch was bad. I will pull that wheel and look into it if I can't find anything else wrong.