Winterization begins!!!

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
Yep, I said it. So sue me!!!

Naw, I like to get the jump on thigs before it all turns sour. My new radiator showed up today, but I don't have it yet. My brother picked it up at the post office for me, and he isn't home YET!!!!!

So I went to Caterpillar today, bought 5 gallons of concentrated coolant, then went to Canadian tire to get distilled water. Bought 4 gallons of it. So I should have LOTS to fill the truck and then have some spare behind the seat.

While shopping for water, I found that Shell Rotella was on sale for $54 for a 5 gallon pail......so I bought one of them and a filter.....she's due anyways :dunno

Got to rotate the tires, check all the air pressures, put a new air filter in, change the oil, change the radiator and coolant, and do a COMPLETE grease job. Check the brakes for adjustment, CHECK AND SEE IF ANOTHER WHEEL SEAL DIDNT GO!!!!! AGAIN!!!!!

I am STILL LOOKING for an F350 front output yoke for a transfer case (BW 1356) if ANYONE has a double cardain jointed yoke from an F350 they want to part with......I NEED a front driveshaft this winter!!!

gunz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Prepare for winter? I guess I need to make sure I keep a hoodie in the truck in case it gets below 40..

:)

I live in Alabama near the coast, so this thread does not apply, Just thought I would rub it in a little.

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
Chris, how many guys run thinner oil up there in the cold months? I'm not quite sure I agree with this concept so I was just wondering.

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
LOL....damn southerners!!!!! LOL!!!

I run the 15-40 ALL year long.....now, that being said....the truck is on a block heater timer here and at work. The only time she isn't ready and warm is if I take a mid afternoon trip to town on a weekend....then I just let it idle until the oil turns from grease in a tube to liquid again. I also run a winter front grill cover to boot.

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
I got a driveshaft, but I need the yoke that goes onto the front of the transfer case....F150 and F250 had one yoke, and F350's had a ******* child one for that double cardain shaft......this was not known to us when we stripped the other truck.

Reaction score
does the f250 one not work for the 350? im dana 60 using the 250 one (barely, it smacks in 4wd because of lift)

f250-
You must be registered for see images attach

f350-

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
My friend who put a 60 in front of his 88 F-250 used the stock transfer case. just notched the crossmember and re-enforced it. Works well even with his being sky high like 91DDs.

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
Napa?! I was at Napa this morning looking for coolant.....all they had was regular green stuff. I asked if I could get some diesel SCA precharged stuff, all he could do was studder.....Off to Caterpillar I went lol.

I asked a couple dealers locally, no go. I might have to try drive products before the while gold flies in a couple months.

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
i ran thinner oil at my old job in the fords... but newer fords. the huei system likes thinner oil when cold. trucks didnt rattle as bad. i ran 5w40 in them.

lindstromjd

Black Sheep
Reaction score
I am STILL LOOKING for an F350 front output yoke for a transfer case (BW 1356) if ANYONE has a double cardain jointed yoke from an F350 they want to part with......I NEED a front driveshaft this winter!!!

does the f250 one not work for the 350? im dana 60 using the 250 one (barely, it smacks in 4wd because of lift)

f250-

f350-

I don't know if this is relevant, but my buddy's '79 that I'm working on right now has that crazy double-joint driveshaft on the rear. Would something like that not work if you cut it off and had a driveshaft shop build you a front driveshaft?

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you don't have a lift a stock 5 speed f250 driveshaft will work if you flip it around so the boot is by the transfer case. If lifted it will eat I joints though. I've got a spare from an e4od f350 transfer case but was trying to keep it with the driveshaft.

I found one in the Junkyard in a 350 with out the front axle. I guess I should ha e grabbed it and the track bar bracket lol. I was just to lazy.

On second thought I do have a spare from 90 cab n chassis 4x4. Shoot me a pm.

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My phone likes to auto correct and insert letters and numbers after words lol. Sometimes it s handy but most of the time its a pain lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online