Winter added bed weight

How much weight do you add

• Total voters

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Look out Mel they are calling for an inch of snow tonight!!!!

Ewwww..... I'm scarrred... -Lame

Although to these philly people, it may as well be the beginning of the next ice age. 1" will shut the roads down and make it take 2 days to get somewhere. :rolleyes:

Rob94F250

Reaction score
Hi dbarilow,

My '94 F250 Club Cab isn't the best in slippery conditions either. I have a topper on it, as well as a tool box right behind the cab with about 200# of "stuff" in it.

Even with brand new tires on the back end, I got stuck last spring on a slight incline trying to push the travel trailer into the site on wet grass. One tire spinning, and not doing a thing.

I wish I had a posi rear end, but I decided to buy a set of tire chains instead. I'll use them when I need them.

The truck already has 3200# on the rear axle. I don't think extra weight in the back end will provide any more traction, just more total weight to try and get into motion.

With regards to adding weight in the box, a club cab truck I saw at the auto wreckers obviously had an unsecured load in the back. The front of the box and the rear seat was pushed all of the way up to the front seats. It reaffirmed how important it is to make sure that anything you have in the back is anchored down.

Rob

82fordtruck

Reaction score
With regards to adding weight in the box, a club cab truck I saw at the auto wreckers obviously had an unsecured load in the back. The front of the box and the rear seat was pushed all of the way up to the front seats. It reaffirmed how important it is to make sure that anything you have in the back is anchored down.

Rob

I'll second that. I used two 1200lb cast iron parts in the bed. Hooked the pallet on the goosenecdk ball, but forgot to strap the parts to the pallet.

Cost me three grand when someone pulled in front of me.

hypermax22

sled puller
Reaction score
dont need no wieght just reach down and pull her back in 4high and go on. now on the plow truck its so dang heavy anyway and its 4x4 with a plow out front and a v shaped spreader box bolted on the flat bed loaded full of salt.it has no choice either it goes or sinks like the titanic

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online