Wicked Wheel...is it worth it?

Sting

4-PLAY
Reaction score
Well I don't have the money to upgrade to an ATS turbo, but I would still like to try to get a little more out of my PSD. Is the wicked wheel a worthwhile mod to do?

Jason

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Greenbeast6.9 said:
have you thought about a chip? ;Sweet
IIRC he has a diablo flip chip in it already.

The WW has some merits and some ardent suporters, others will tell you its a waste of time, have you done intake/dp and open exhaust yet Sting?

Greenbeast6.9

grease monkey
Reaction score
the wicked wheel would be a good upgrade if you got a 99 and up, right, am i correct in saying that the 97's ond below already have that wheel.lets face it if you want to realy have the "go", and you already have the basic stuff, start looking at injectors! ;Sweet

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
99.5 and up can benefit from the WW mod. The E-99 model years and below had the better compressor wheel from the factory.

Roland_Jenkins

Señor Member
Reaction score
I looked into this quite a bit. Best I could ascertain is, you'll lose a little power on the low end and gain a little mid-range. It supposedly will cure surge and power.

I just wanted the whithel. Is it worth it? Probably not. Most sellers have the disclaimer "this is not a performance upgrade"
I decided not to do the WW upgrade. Besides, my MIL whistles when she talks . . .between coughing fits.

WOJO 1

Reaction score
So what is this Wicked Wheel mod? My buddy has an 00' PSD and is looking for a little more power. We have talked chips but what else is there??

Greenbeast6.9

grease monkey
Reaction score
basicly its the wheel that the old body style rigs have in them, they changed to a differant pich i think,in the 99 and up,im not realy sure exactly, but thats what i understand.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SixFourShanks08

Members online