White night

Mastertech

Car Doc
Reaction score
Any of you guy's have the White Night back up lights on your trucks?
If so how do ya like them?
May put them on my truck pretty soon.

NAIL BENDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with tractor implement lights with 55w halogen lights. We built a bracket so we could go up through the bumper bolts and also hide the light bracket. The 55w hologen's give more than a 90deg sweep and cast light about 20ft to each side of truck at the bumper.

Attachments

• backup.jpg
    backup.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 94

HEAD HUNTER

Designated Decoy
Reaction score
I've got a set of cheap 65wt halogens from Napa. Been on 2 trucks and have lasted about 4 years so far. Not that they get used alot, but they cast a good wide and bright beam.

B

Big K

Originally posted by NAIL BENDER
The 55w hologen's give more than a 90deg sweep and cast light about 20ft to each side of truck at the bumper.

He means 180deg sweep.

After reading about the White Nights, I was concerned about the difficulty of trailer/drawbar hookup. Some had modified them to help minimize the problem, but I fugured that if I was going to have to do that, I might as well start from scratch. I tow almost daily, and two or more different combinations/drawbars.

We used the utility lights shown in NB's photo, mounted to a bumper bolt, on a custom bracket. This raises the housing so the mounting hardware is concealed.

Light quality and pattern is excellent with the halogens. They are, however, the most expensive part of this method, @ $26 each.

Overall, the cost is little different than the White Night, and you get to scrounge all of your own parts and pieces. ;) I've heard of many folks that are happy with the W/N. Not a bad product, but just thought I'd offer some more details on another option.

Maybe someday I'll actually run power to mine..........:rolleyes:
Another project for the weekend, right after mommy's shocks ;p

B

Big K

Originally posted by HEAD HUNTER
I've got a set of cheap 65wt halogens from Napa. Been on 2 trucks and have lasted about 4 years so far. Not that they get used alot, but they cast a good wide and bright beam.

One thing to be aware of is that most lights of this sort are designed as driving lights, and can overheat when used as work lights. Not necessarily just as a backup light, but if you leave them on for a bit they can melt. Been there, done that.:eek:

Went thru a couple of sets of driving lights on my flatbed, using them as work lights before I tried the utility lights.

ericthered

Dude, wheres my car??
Reaction score
I got a set of lo profile 55w backup lite from the auto parts store .I installed them on the hitch so they were tucked up out of the way, yet still got good coverage.This way I didn't have to worry about them getting banged up or drug off the bumper.
Check out the pic below
backup lites

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7