where to get injector caps

dairieman36

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i finally got my front end fixed up and went for a drive i started smelling diesel fuel so went home and i looks like those injector return caps are leaking was wandering where i can get a new set and how much they cost.. thank you

nvm i found a kit on the dieselmans store website for $52

Last edited:

Mr_Roboto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The caps don't ordinarily leak, just the O-rings underneath.

I personally have found the aftermarket caps to be an inferior design and quality to the OEM.

dairieman36

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well mine are cracked and leaking all over the place dont know how it happened but deffinetly need new ones and 8 months ago i replaced the o rings as long as it dosent leek it will be fine by me

dairieman36

Full Access Member
Reaction score
put new caps o rings and hoses on and it is still leaking right above to cap what should i do now?

BROWNIEBOY525

The old fleet
Reaction score
is it leaking from the same spot as before the new orings and caps? Are you sure that the cap is all the way down . if it is the same spot and everything is tight then the fuel line might be cracked and leaking at the injector.

dairieman36

Full Access Member
Reaction score
u may have something there does anyone know where i can get a set of fuel lines? i noticed there are some places where the lines look stressed ( the metal lines going from the ip to the injector)?

dairieman36

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tracked down the source of the leak its coming up from between the injector and the head does anyone know what could make it do this ( maybe the copper washer?)

dairieman36

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks thats what i thought but i just put new injectors in it with new washers so i was sceptical about that will change the washer again and see what happens

suv7734

Reaction score
Check the seat when you pull the injector out. Look for an old washer stuck in there, crud or just a rough seat area.

dairieman36

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i am thinking its probably a rough seat area because i took the old one out when i changed it and cleant it up the best i could and put a new injector and washer in guess that another thing i'll look at when i am rebuilding the turbo this weekend (not looking forward to that) but thanks for the advice

dairieman36

Full Access Member
Reaction score
#1 injector broke in half

found the culprit of my fuel leaks the # 1 injector was leaking went to take it out and replace the copper washer and the injector was in two pieces got the top half out my question is how to get the the nozzle and spring out its stuck in there pretty good thanks for the tips in advance

suv7734

Reaction score

If the lower portion of the injector has come 'unscrewed' and is stuck in the bore there are a couple of things to do. A good penetrating fluid will help to break down the carbon and may release it enough to allow you to pull it out. That said once they are stuck it's usually a fight to get them out. If you have an old injector (or are not planning on repairing the present one) remove the bottom portion (same as what's stuck) and then take the top portion and grind the threads off the top boss where it normally screws into the head. With this done take the modified injector and screw it back into the portion stuck in the head. Now you have something to grip onto to reef it out since the threads are not locked into the head.
Hope that makes sense.
Once it's out you'll need to clean the bore and check the seat (as you already know) before putting a new injector and washer in there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bradz

Members online