where to get a 4spd HD clutch?

SmokeNPoke

Reaction score
I have an 84 f250 with the 4spd manual in it, any idea where I can get a HD CLUTCH for it? thanks

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Pulling what.. Are you competive pulling or just hook up a heavy trialer and go.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Not a big LUK fan for pulling heavy loads. Had one with less than 15k start slipping.
I've got a South Bend clutch kit in my zf now and it grabs and goes.
I'd give Greg a call at South bend clutch to see what they can do for your T19. Really good company to work with.

justinray

Contributor
Reaction score
I wouldn't think there'd be a big problem if you got the larger of the 2 options, but that doesn't come from experience, so take that as you will.

SmokeNPoke

Reaction score
yeah, I mean its not like im hooking to a sled every weekend, this is the only one this year and then I rarely pull anything too heavy mainly just scrap, and an occasional car or truck

oregon96psd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also gotta remember that it doesn't matter how much weight you put behind it, it's power that'll slip it. Any GOOD clutch kit won't have trouble holding an idi.

SearsMech

Reaction score
I just put a new Luk in my 87 T19. It's the 12" upgrade. Although I don't pull or haul anything and it's better than my old one I'm not very impressed with it. It feels like a car clutch to me. The out of box experience was not very impressive either. Looked like a inexpensive, economy car clutch. Not a HD truck clutch. Made in China stamped right on it. I got it through NAPA. NAPA box. Luk PN and instructions. The price was right and works for me thogh. I heard AutoZones are made by SouthBend with SB stamped right on them. Also has more springs on the disc.

firehawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not a big LUK fan for pulling heavy loads. Had one with less than 15k start slipping.
I've got a South Bend clutch kit in my zf now and it grabs and goes.
I'd give Greg a call at South bend clutch to see what they can do for your T19. Really good company to work with.

Which version did you get? My Luk slips badly with about the same as yours. I have Southbend on many of my cars and they are great.