Where is my hammer...

jlayne

Bondo Bandito
Reaction score
.... i feel like breaking something :mad:

ok after looking at all my gauges setting on my desk for like a month i finally decide to install them.

so i prep and paint my pods and friday when they are dry i take them out to the old pickup truck and see how well they match (i was thinking they looked a little light).... *insert several minutes of cussing and talking myself out of setting the truck on fire here*.... it turns out i have the most multi colored interior i have ever seen on a pickup truck....

the trim code and all said my truck needed med. parchment paint... cool so i ordered some... well it turns out that is what color my door panel (matches perfectly) :mad: and not the color of the steering column for that pod or the color of the dash for that pod either.... -cuss .... so my truck has a medium parchment door panels a darker shade of tan for the dash and a even darker color of tan for the steering column that i didn't even notice was a different color untill i started this project.. ***!!!

sometimes hitting myself in the jimmy with a hammer would brighten my day

here are some pics to further show the situation... if anybody has part numbers or some ****** it would be much appreciated

Attachments

• column.JPG
    column.JPG
    55.4 KB · Views: 6
  • Dash.JPG
    Dash.JPG
    71.8 KB · Views: 14
  • Door.JPG
    Door.JPG
    57.2 KB · Views: 4
  • under dash.JPG
    under dash.JPG
    57.6 KB · Views: 10

jlayne

Bondo Bandito
Reaction score
picture number one shows all the colors in my truck.. the lightest being the color of my door panel (column pod i painted the wrong color) and the dash (color number one i need to paint the under dash pod) and the darkest being the steering column (color number two i need to paint the column pod)

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's a damn nice looking interior.....
I'd even go as far as nominating you for the "Martha Stewart" prize :D

jlayne

Bondo Bandito
Reaction score
thanks, it VERY dirty right now, i hope i looks better when i get eveything to match... i haven't wired in the two new pods i just stuck them in for the pics to show my ability to not match colors LOL

Swany

Consiglieri
Reaction score
actually, if you painted that 3 pod set black, it would enhance the other parts that are black on the dash. Just a thought

jlayne

Bondo Bandito
Reaction score
Swany said:
actually, if you painted that 3 pod set black, it would enhance the other parts that are black on the dash. Just a thought

i thought about doing that, but the only other part of my dash that is black is the DVD player

Strictly Diesel

SUPPORTING VENDOR
Reaction score
jlayne,

For the under dash and column in your truck (based on the pics), you need "Dark Parchment". Most Super Duty interiors are 3-Tone, with the pillars being "Medium ***", the dash bezel being "Dark ***" and the rest of the dash being "Medium Dark ***" (this applies to Parchment, Graphite and Flint).

Your truck appears to have one of the more rare 2-Tone interiors, where the entire dash is the "Dark ***" color.

I apologize if there was misunderstanding when you placed your order, I guess we never discussed what you were painting and I assumed it was a pillar. I do have the Dark Parchment in stock if you need it.

jlayne

Bondo Bandito
Reaction score
ITPDiesel said:
jlayne,

For the under dash and column in your truck (based on the pics), you need "Dark Parchment". Most Super Duty interiors are 3-Tone, with the pillars being "Medium ***", the dash bezel being "Dark ***" and the rest of the dash being "Medium Dark ***" (this applies to Parchment, Graphite and Flint).

Your truck appears to have one of the more rare 2-Tone interiors, where the entire dash is the "Dark ***" color.

I apologize if there was misunderstanding when you placed your order, I guess we never discussed what you were painting and I assumed it was a pillar. I do have the Dark Parchment in stock if you need it.

hey man thanks for the help... i put no blame anyone but myself for the colors not matching.... i should have did my homework a little more
... i was happy with your prices and how quick you got it to me so don't think i have a problem with your services :thumbsup:

can you get me the colors i need?, if so i will give you a yell tomorrow

Strictly Diesel

SUPPORTING VENDOR
Reaction score
jlayne,

I just looked at the pictures again. I may not have seen them right the first time, so your eyes will need to make the final decision.

It looks like the steering column is darker than the lower dash (typical of the 3 tone interior color scheme). Am I seeing that correctly? If so, you need "Medium Dark Parchment" for the lower dash and "Dark Parchment" for the column.

If they are the same color (column and lower dash), you need the "Dark Parchment" only for both.

In either case, I do have both colors in stock. Let me know. It's probably best to call or e-mail me as I don't get into the forums much during the week.