wheel bolt pattern for my 84?

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just watch out for the hubcentric hole - I can't really use my spare wheel for that very reason, while the bolt patter is the same the center hole will not clear the wheel hubs, essentially I only keep the wheel in the truck for looks.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just in case this is the first time you've pulled the wheels on your truck...just FYI, the left rear wheel lug nuts are left-hand thread. IIRC they changed this in '85 (not sure if they changed it at the mid-point when they switched from the Dana 70 to the 10.25" or if they changed it at the beginning of the model year), but both my truck and my old van (both are/were '84 MY) are set up like this. The left front and both right wheels are right-hand thread. This is, of course, assuming that a previous owner didn't replace the lug studs with RHT studs...

mankypro

Learning Slowly...
Reaction score
Yeah I knew that :) another little project for me next time...

thanks

Just in case this is the first time you've pulled the wheels on your truck...just FYI, the left rear wheel lug nuts are left-hand thread. IIRC they changed this in '85 (not sure if they changed it at the mid-point when they switched from the Dana 70 to the 10.25" or if they changed it at the beginning of the model year), but both my truck and my old van (both are/were '84 MY) are set up like this. The left front and both right wheels are right-hand thread. This is, of course, assuming that a previous owner didn't replace the lug studs with RHT studs...

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 1985 with Dana-70 DRW came factory-original with right-hand threads all around.

Dodges and Fords are pretty much interchangable, with the exception of the later/early Fords having hub-centric on the DRWs, whereas Dodge stuck with the "coined" lug-centric wheels on the DRWs until 1993.

I am not sure which year Ford started the hub-centrics on the DRWs, but my 1985 DOES have the hub-centric wheels and big flange-washer nuts.

On SRW trucks, Ford and Dodge can be pretty much swapped indescriminately, UNTIL Ford started using that stupid metric wheel pattern; in my opinion, that was nothing but a money move to force people to by specific wheels.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dieselmainiac

Staff online

Members online