Whats these parts?

Brian VT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My ‘92 OBS has vacuum cruise control.
My ('87) cruise control works but doesn't cancel when I press the brake pedal.
(kinda scary the first time I realized that)
Would that be a vacuum problem or should I be looking for some kind of switch at the brake pedal?

jrollf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When my hazards are on same thing, my brake controller senses I hit the brakes for every flash of the hazards. There is a good article I believe in the tech articles or trailering section about adding a diode to prevent that. Have yet to do it but nice to know there is a fix for it if you pull slow and want to use the hazards..
Yes, I had the same hazard light issue, you can build your own diode setup, or you can get a prebuilt one from Drawtite (there may be other brands...)

jrollf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would that be a vacuum problem or should I be looking for some kind of switch at the brake pedal?
Shot in the dark... my 93 has a pressure switch on one of the brake lines right below the driver's left foot... however, I have the electric, not vacuum cruise control, so I don't know if you have a switch in the same location.

TNBrett

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Assuming yours is similar to mine, there is a vacuum valve (I’ve read it called a vacuum dump) mounted on the pedal assembly. It’s adjustable. The body of it is plastic and threaded, and it’s mounted in a stamped sheet metal retainer. Like everything in that area, it’s hard to get a good look at, and hard to fit your arms and hands in there. I removed mine when when I did my hydro boost conversion, and apparently I put it back in a better position. Mine was like you described before, but is timed pretty good with the pedal now.