Whats the difference?

phazertwo

Die Summer DIE!
Reaction score
What is the difference between the 83-89 injector return line kit here, and the 89-94 here?

The corner caps look different, but the biggie is that the older kit has the cap with only one port on it! I NEED THAT for my turbo set up (to properly run the lines)

I am pretty sure that I read that the caps fit across the board, but I can't find that now.

Help please!

PZ

Dave7.3

Diesel ******
Reaction score
Either set will fit, but the caps have a different design. I believe the 6.9 version has straight caps and the later 7.3 have offset caps.

For your turbo setup, does your manual have anything about routing a longer line around the front of the intake from the rearward injectors? I know Banks has it that way along with Hypermax...

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And the 7.3 set has larger diameter hose and barb fittings on the caps. That can be a problem on the retun block in the driver's rear of the engine and the return up to the filter head. The hose on the 7.3 set will be too larger to fit securely on the 6.9 barb fitting in these two return locations.

Heath

phazertwo

Die Summer DIE!
Reaction score
Yes the instructions for the turbo so placing a tee on the drivers side rail, to the passenger side rail right in front of the intake. However it says to use the special cap in the kit (that only has on port) on the last injector on the passenger side under the up pipe. Anyone know where to get a cap for that 7th injector with only one port on it???

phazertwo

Die Summer DIE!
Reaction score
Any help on this at all?? I guess I could call hypermax and see what they have. I would really like a smoke puffer eliminator while I am at it.

PZ