what kind of head gaskets?

BP6.9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey yall need some help fast, what kind of head gaskets r best running 20+ pounds of boost on these motors? will felpros hold up?

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Yes. Felpro head gaskets will handle 20 lbs of bost. Mant here like Victor Reinz because of the way they are made. I have always used felpro without ever having a leak. These two mentioned gaskets will not let you down. Others may. Are you planning to use ARP studs instead of the stock head bolts...:dunno

idiabuse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have purchased Fel Pro and used them and held for 90,000 miles and a short run of 7,000 miles.
I did notice some seepage but nothing breaching the fire ring.
I have recently purchased Victor Reinz and the Quality and finish looks better than the Fel Pro but I have not yet used them. I am happy so far with Both.
Head studs are next on the list to purchase as I reassemble my 7.3.

Javier

BP6.9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think im gona use victor gaskets, they look like theyll hold up better, and i have studs on the way

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
i think im gona use victor gaskets, they look like theyll hold up better, and i have studs on the way

You won't go wrong. VR makes the factory gaskets.
If you really want a serious seal, get a few cans of spray Hylomer and give them a few light, even coats on each side before install. Helps take up imperfections in the metal and make them one with the gasket ;Sweet

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
can u get that stuff at autozone?

No ( although it is nice that Advance has been carrying the Hylomar in the tube recently , but that's not what you would want to use to get an even coating , it would lay on WAY too thick ) You would have to get it mail order from a high end racing supply or you may find it at an aircraft parts house, but to make it easy, they have it here ;Sweet Hylomar is the factory sealant on Rolls Royce jet aircraft engines and a number of others, the only difference between the racing formula and the aerograde is the certification on the batch and a few dollars at checkout. It's some serious stuff