what is this chip?

FULL FORCE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My buddy just got a 00 7.3 and it has som e kind of chip in it and we don't know what one...
it has a ford sticker on it and it says stret performance electronics,there is a receipt from it with the truck from 00 when the truck was new but no number to check ar supplier name.Anyone hear of these or know what it is?

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure? Is it a box under the hood or is it a chip that is phisically located on the PCM board? I went to Street Performances website and they arent currently lisitng any performance products for Ford Diesels. I've got a hunch that it is the old high dollar 10K mod.

FULL FORCE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
95_stroker said:
Not sure? Is it a box under the hood or is it a chip that is phisically located on the PCM board? I went to Street Performances website and they arent currently lisitng any performance products for Ford Diesels. I've got a hunch that it is the old high dollar 10K mod.
It is in the computer,on the back,I am pretty sure it is just a small chip maybe the dealer offered...??

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, its a chip then but Ford offered no performance chips. Thats an automatic voided warranty. You can Google up Street Performance Electronics and send them an e-mail maybe? Previous owner must have chipped it on his own.

FULL FORCE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
95_stroker said:
Ok, its a chip then but Ford offered no performance chips. Thats an automatic voided warranty. You can Google up Street Performance Electronics and send them an e-mail maybe? Previous owner must have chipped it on his own.
We are just going to pull it and put in a better one,this is not much if it is a chip so we want more power!!

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can I suggest a full set of guages first if he doesnt already have them.

FULL FORCE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
95_stroker said:
Can I suggest a full set of guages first if he doesnt already have them.
We did the gauges the second day he had the truck,also did a 4" exhaust from turbo back,sounds great!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle