What is she worth?

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You'll have to find a buyer who's not to smart. Your radiator support is shot, and your drivers side front body mount has punched through. There's plenty of rust. It's just covered up nice.

snatchal

Reaction score
Keep it. Make friends at a couple small auto repair shops and have them save their used motor oil for you. Mix it 50-50 with diesel. There now you got a vehicle that that gets equal MPGs with a econo car.;Sweet

kcw12

CrazedCountryRebel
Reaction score
Unfortunally its a 1000-1500 dollar truck where i live. Other people don't like them damn ole diesel that just wont start in the winter. (said with a ruff hillbilly accent)

powerstroke96

Reaction score
In Idaho, shes worth about 2500-3000. in north dakota, she is worth about 1500, just because they are so hard to start in subzero winters.

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Yeah, she definetely is "leaning" to one side. I would hate to venture a guess, but around here, things go pretty cheap. I bought three of them for $2000, two of which were in pretty good shape, but only the one I now have runs. I had two 85's, and my 87, plus some extras. Anyway, I would bet $1000 to $1500 would be hard to get in this neck of the poverty stricken woods, but I am sure it is different everywhere you go! Good luck and sorry you have to sell. You might also look at a set of taller gears for it, which would help you bunches on MPG. Plus think about the other suggestions as well.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Uh, Mel, unless you have some secret xray vision device I dont know how you could possibly be saying what you're saying about his truck. From the pictures I can see there's some body damage, dents and stuff, but not really rust, and where do you get this radiator support and body mount thing?

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
i wonder if it's just a crooked front bumper. no evidence of much rust and the truck is in TX

82F100SWB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take a look at how crooked the bumper looks. The bumper on an 80-86 can't be that crooked without being bent due to how they mount around the frame, the core support has probably failed around the mount on the drivers side.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Ah, I guess Im one of those stupid people then.

I sure wouldnt have caught that. In person I would have but not by pictures. And pictures being the method I've used to buy the last 3 trucks we have here then I would have been the stupid one.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
Ah, I guess Im one of those stupid people then.

I sure wouldnt have caught that. In person I would have but not by pictures. And pictures being the method I've used to buy the last 3 trucks we have here then I would have been the stupid one.

dont feel bad, i didnt notice it either but now know what to look for. heck i even went out to check mine.

Kohan

Kohan the Barbarian
Reaction score
Texas IDI

I don't know what part of Texas you are in but in the Abilene area I buy these trucks from 800- 1200 all day long seems most are right around 100,000 miles.
Combination of IP and glo plug problems folks get tired of them.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online